Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to pick up an FM Modulator for the Tiida so I could get my Palm Pro to play MP3's through the factory stezza. Unfortunately in our SL model (over here) the stereo is as basic as can be, single CD, no MP3....ghey.

So I picked up the Modulator from work yesterday and set right to pulling the dash out....how wikkidly easy to get the stereo out and sooo much room to play with! I was very happy!

Anyway, my joy turned to pain as I pulled the factory unit out and saw the crazy antenna plug that Nissan has on the back of these things....what's wrong with a good old standard plug for goodness sakes?

A quick look on the net found squat all, a search on eBay found a simple adaptor that I could solder up myself so out came the soldering iron etc etc and to wrap up an already tedious story....it worked.

So I can now run my PDA and GPS through the stereo quite happily, which is nice. Anyone else tried an aftermarket install and come across the same issue with the Antenna?

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I did add an aftermarket HU, and yeah I had to purchase an antenna adaptor, it is pretty gay.

Hmm I never thought about doing that setup before, I may have to look into that.

Dave

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I wanted to keep the original appearance of everything, yet be able to plug all my ancilliaries (spelling? :p) in and out without major face surgery.

The Modulator works like a charm, just as good as plugging anything else in directly to an input might sound (imo anyways :p)

The only downside is that the adapter is only good for tyhe radio end, like converting to an aftermarket option, so I had to 'splice' some adapters either side of the Modulator. Bit of a pain in the arse but if you take the time to do it right you'll never notice the difference :)

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
yeah i already knew about it before i installed my head unit... so i called bob over at versaspeed. and he gave me the correct pieces i would need for my install... youre rite there is a lot of room in there and the dash was easy to take apart... the hardest part of this whole install was when i was running the power cord to my amp, anyone whos installed through the firewall knows that it is a pain in the you know what, so i pierced it with a knife and fed the cable through... ill post pics of it soon...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know what you mean, years (eons) ago I owned my own car audio business and I used to hate that part of an install :p

Look forward to pics ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts