Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need assistance please, this is what is going on, last week I purchased an AEM CAI (21-550C)(I am out of US, so the problem is even bigger) and I installed it on a Nissan Tiida 1.6L (HR16DE) sedan 2011.

The sound is amazing, it fitted perfect except under this: around 4500 rpm i feel like a delay-drop-loss of power for around 1 seconds and then it start responding not straight again until 6500rpms. what can cause this? and other thing that i noticed is that at idle, the car is around 1000-1100rpm, previously it was on 700rpms.

The day that I installed the CAI, i made this: Installed AEM intake without battery, MAF sensor unplugged and reinstalled. Throttle body unplugged, cleaned and installed. Spark plugs changed(all intake manifold removed )

Is it needed to scan the car at the dealer and reflash the computer? Can they deny the deny the service and void the warranty per installing the CAI? WHAT CAN I DOOOO?

This afternoon I reinstalled the original nissan intake and the car is working perfect, I really want to use my $350 intake, please help me someone...

·
Registered
993 Posts
AEM intake can not void the warranty, its in the warranty handbook.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It sounds like you had a vacuum leak with the aem. That would explain the high idle and power loss. Are you sure you had the vent tube and all clamps tight?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AEM intake can not void the warranty, its in the warranty handbook.
Thanks JVersa, im going to read the AEM warranty handbook and take it with me if I need to visit the Nissan Dealer here in Costa Rica.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like you had a vacuum leak with the aem. That would explain the high idle and power loss. Are you sure you had the vent tube and all clamps tight?
jswilson1987, I will reinstalled the AEM Cai and test it on the road, having a special care in all the clamps and conections. If this dont solve the issue I will post the result guys,

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this conversation with AEM, just to all the people know and continue giving me more ideas of that may be happening:

Mauricio Madrigal
Hi, i have a tech question about a CAI that I purchased last week, where can i send it?
Best Regards
Martes

08:03
Aem Intakes
Mauricio, you can direct your question to AEM customer service or you can simply ask your question here on FB and I will answer your question. thanks

08:14
Mauricio Madrigal
Thanks, this is what happend. I purchased las week the AEM CAI 21-550C and it was installed on a Nissan Tiida (Versa) 1.6L engine HR16DE 2011. The sound is amazing, the respond perfect except under this: around 4500 rpm i feel like a delay-drop-loss of power for around 1-2 seconds and then it start responding again until 6500rpms. what can cause this?

08:15
Mauricio Madrigal
and other thing that i noticed is that at idle, the car is around 1000rpm, previously it was on 700rpms.
Steps performed during the weekend: Installed AEM intake without battery, MAF sensor unplugged and reinstalled. Throttle body unplugged, cleaned and installed. Spark plugs changed.
Is it needed to scan the car at the dealer and reflash the computer? Can they deny the deny the service and void the warranty per installing the CAI?

08:54
Aem Intakes
Maurico, the AEM 21-550C/P is designed for the US versa with MR18DE so the intake tube tuning with relations to MAf signal/air flow rate is definitely different. Since you're able to have the kit installed on the HR16DE, I would suggest that you make sure every component is installed properly to avoid any vacuum leaks then locate an OBD2 reader and see if there's any pending codes in the ecu. Depending on how many miles you have on your Tiida, you may want to have the MAF sensor checked out and maybe cleaned. The high idle and hesitation seems like there's some kind of vacuum leak. Please check everything out and let me know how it goes. thanks
Martes

15:03
Mauricio Madrigal
Hi, thank you for your fast response. As soon as I can I will check what you suggest and I will tell to the dealer to scan it. I will inform you what happen and I'll sent you a pic of how the intake look on a HR16DE
Thanks again.

17:51
Aem Intakes
Thank you, I look forward to your pictures.
domingo

16:24
Mauricio Madrigal
Hi, I have just installed the Nissan intake and its working perfect the car without the aem, what can I do to use it. I really want my car with your intake
It may be that the fuel injector is dirty and its not delivering a lot of gas to the extra air flow? It may be the position of the maf sensor?

16:47
Mauricio Madrigal
?
Hoy

08:13
Aem Intakes
Mauricio, i dont think the injectors are the problem. did you try scan for codes? I want to know if you're getting lean or rich codes so I can give you suggestions accordingly. your maf sensor could also be dirty and not reporting the correct air flow to the ecu.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
The hr16 has a smaller throttle body than the mr18. Was the hose able to be properly tightened around the throttle body? If its sucking in unmetered air, you can have problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hr16 has a smaller throttle body than the mr18. Was the hose able to be properly tightened around the throttle body? If its sucking in unmetered air, you can have problems.
Thanks for your comment, I will check this and other suggestions this afternoon, I will reinstalled everything and tight all parts xtremely hard.

I will come back this night to tell you what happend.:cheers2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
People, during the weekend I:
1. Reinstalled the CAI
2. Clean via ultrasound the fuel injectors,
3. Check all conections and vacuum hoses...
4. we tried to scan the tiida but the scaner of the shop dont support my car, so he just delete all the codes so the car will learn again...

Issue continues, may be that the gas pedal o throttle body is not program*

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does the problem happen with both intakes? If the car runs fine with the factory intake its the cold air is to big for the 1.6 and the computer cant compensate. had the same problem on a XT6 i used to own the MAF couldn't handle the increased air flow and would lag and stall

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just happen with the AEM.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Then its the intake sorry to say you probably cant run it on the 1.6. Its probably because the 1.6 deosnt inhale as much air as the 1.8 there for telling the MAF your not acclerating as hard as you are. The AEM intake was made for the 1.8 so its going to have a lower air velocity on a 1.6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.