Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 2007 headlight assembly into my 2008 Versa. Now when the headlights are OFF the instrument cluster lights are ON and when the headlights are ON the instrument cluster lights are OFF. Any ideas why this would happen? What the fix is?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I installed a 2007 headlight assembly into my 2008 Versa. Now when the headlights are OFF the instrument cluster lights are ON and when the headlights are ON the instrument cluster lights are OFF. Any ideas why this would happen? What the fix is?
First thing I would check if you haven't already is the instrument light dimmer wheel. Just turn on your headlights and try turning the instrument cluster dimmer control and see if that makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
On car radios there is an orange wire that controls illumination of the radio. This causes the radio to do from day to night mode or from lighting up the display only to all the buttons as well. Some people like the radio lit up like a christmas tree all the time, others only when the lights are on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
check the plugs to make sure one isn't reversed. Additionally, check any fuses to make sure you didn't short something out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts