Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone had a good experience with aftermarket alarm install? i have the s so it's manual door locks. how to make it auto door locks? also anyone got a good setup for a tablet mount for gps purposes?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Im all ears for the alarm. I hear or see so called PNP units, but they seem to require you to do something strange for install like skin a section of wire and weave one wire into another, wrap it in electric tape and zip tie it. :|

Check that your tablet has a built in gps. Usually the ones that can accept a sim card has a built in gps and it even works if you do not have a sim or a working sim card inserted.

I had a nexus 7 first gen and dock that included power and sound plugs. My idea was to mount it with a nfc chip in it so it went to car mode so to say for gps and music. Problem was I needed to reboot it every few days as bluetooth would quit, apps would fail to work, etc. Being a google tablet I was shocked. Ive since owned a few samsungs and other than samsung dropping support for updating the OS they have been flawless. i used a 10 inch one as a tv with the fios app for several years and before that a 8 inch samsung.

In my odyssey since the head unit controls the noise cancellation front and rear and the rear entertainment system I use a windshield mount and a cheap used ipad 3 I purchased online with sim card to use as a gps. I am using freedompops free plan for simcard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts