Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Versa 2016 factory radio has a plug with 2 black wires. Aftermarket android unit has circle plug connector (2nd picture) with maybe 2 wires?. Can this aftermarket cable be cut and spliced into the factory wire?
What are the two factory wires for? One is going to antenna. But the other? It has a fixed roof antenna, so it's not one of those antennas that like to move up and down.
How would you guys make this work? I saw adapters for sale (3rd picture) but I don't understand where would the blue wire on the adapter connect to.
To me it seems that maybe only one of those Nissan wires in the plug are used. Is it the thicker wire? I should be able to splice it with the adapter that came with the unit right?
Thank you very much for helping!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can use the adapter and just tape off the blue wire if you don't have a power aerial. You are correct that the thick black one is used. This is your aerial cable.

I just used the same adapter on my son's Tiida which doesn't have a power aerial and did that :) Nice and simple.

·
Registered
2007 Versa s hatch 6spd
20 Posts
I just installed a Sony headunit into my Versa in January. You need to splice that blue in with the blue/white stripe wire per my crutchfield wiring diagram. I paid to get the wiring done by them so I did not do it but I remember them being connected before plugging it in. It’s my understanding it may not power up with out it but I’m not an expert. I can even share the wiring diagram via pm if you want I don’t think I can post it on here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a Sony headunit into my Versa in January. You need to splice that blue in with the blue/white stripe wire per my crutchfield wiring diagram. I paid to get the wiring done by them so I did not do it but I remember them being connected before plugging it in. It’s my understanding it may not power up with out it but I’m not an expert. I can even share the wiring diagram via pm if you want I don’t think I can post it on here.
Blue and white stripe from head unit will definitely be power antenna. If you don't have a power antenna it won't affect the unit's ability to power up if you leave it disconnected/blanked.

Similarly, you can wire it up and it will do nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts