Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 2010 hatchback 1.8SL model and i got some aftermarket led fog lights. The guy who gave it to me gave me wiring and a button to turn them on. I’ve got them placed in the bumper but i have no idea what to do with the wiring and how to connect it to the button to put on the driver side panel. Any help in how to wire aftermarket lights?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi i have a 2010 hatchback 1.8SL model and i got some aftermarket led fog lights. The guy who gave it to me gave me wiring and a button to turn them on. I’ve got them placed in the bumper but i have no idea what to do with the wiring and how to connect it to the button to put on the driver side panel. Any help in how to wire aftermarket lights?
hi!

first of all, are you sure you are not prewired already? did you check?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Check if you have factory fogs pre wired. Reach down under each headlight for a wire harness. If it is there, plug your fogs into the harness,
and get a turn signal switch with fog light switch, and put it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am prewired, the thing is i dont want to purchase a new stalk with the fog light switch, id rather use the button they provided and insert it in the empty slot on the drivers panel. But i just dont know how to wire it that way!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I am prewired, the thing is i dont want to purchase a new stalk with the fog light switch, id rather use the button they provided and insert it in the empty slot on the drivers panel. But i just dont know how to wire it that way!
I hear you. That way you can turn them on even without the headlights just as daytime running light.
I would go with the oem because it’s more reliable overall, and you can find that stalk at any junkyard..super easy to swap and cheap!
But I understand that you want to go aftermarket.
If you just want to have a switch to turn them on and off you should tap into a battery wire and find a ground, for each fog lights. So 4 taps, two for each light.
Does it make sense?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you. That way you can turn them on even without the headlights just as daytime running light.
I would go with the oem because it’s more reliable overall, and you can find that stalk at any junkyard..super easy to swap and cheap!
But I understand that you want to go aftermarket.
If you just want to have a switch to turn them on and off you should tap into a battery wire and find a ground, for each fog lights. So 4 taps, two for each light.
Does it make sense?
Yeah exactly! Could i connect the two fog lights with 2 wires and then lead the wires just to make 2 taps? Does that make sense?

and for the wires, does the positive one connect to the battery and the negative to ground? Sorry im really new to this!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah exactly! Could i connect the two fog lights with 2 wires and then lead the wires just to make 2 taps? Does that make sense?

and for the wires, does the positive one connect to the battery and the negative to ground? Sorry im really new to this!
positive to the battery wire and negative to ground, any screw or bolts would do.
Personally I would make two separate connections, but yes…you could lead the driver side fog wires to the battery wire and ground point and then connect the passenger’s side fog light wiring to the driver side’s one.

·
Registered
550 Posts
You can buy a cheap wire kit for fog lights online that will come with everything you need, including relays, which is ideal. Whatever way you go, just make sure the switch can handle the current of every load on the circuit. If you tap into another light somewhere, the switch has to be able to take the fog lights AND the lights you tied into, since current is the same at all points of the circuit. Also make sure you put a fuse on all of your power wires.

The relays sound scary but they aren't and there are probably great videos online of how to do exactly this. I had some lights on my versa setup to come on with the high beams this way until my wife started driving the car more and thought they looked stupid. They probably did...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
positive to the battery wire and negative to ground, any screw or bolts would do.
Personally I would make two separate connections, but yes…you could lead the driver side fog wires to the battery wire and ground point and then connect the passenger’s side fog light wiring to the driver side’s one.
Awesome thanks a bunch!

and to connect it to the drivers panel, where do i have to run the button wires through?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Awesome thanks a bunch!

and to connect it to the drivers panel, where do i have to run the button wires through?
You should be able to feed the wiring through the firewall from the engine bay to under the driver side footwell. If you have a blank spot under the dash that it where you would need to place it. Make sure it’s tidy (use plastic straps to fasten the wires tidy enough).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can buy a cheap wire kit for fog lights online that will come with everything you need, including relays, which is ideal. Whatever way you go, just make sure the switch can handle the current of every load on the circuit. If you tap into another light somewhere, the switch has to be able to take the fog lights AND the lights you tied into, since current is the same at all points of the circuit. Also make sure you put a fuse on all of your power wires.

The relays sound scary but they aren't and there are probably great videos online of how to do exactly this. I had some lights on my versa setup to come on with the high beams this way until my wife started driving the car more and thought they looked stupid. They probably did...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
Ah okay thanks! Ill look into that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You should be able to feed the wiring through the firewall from the engine bay to under the driver side footwell. If you have a blank spot under the dash that it where you would need to place it. Make sure it’s tidy (use plastic straps to fasten the wires tidy enough).
Got it! Ill try it out tomorrow and give any updates👍🏼

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.