Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a aftermarket radio in my car to replace the stock one and all I’m getting is static on the AM/FM stations but can sometimes hear a little music ..the antenna adapter has a blue wire on it but the radio harness and harness adapter for the stock wiring harness doesn’t have the blue wire...what can I do to get rid of the static and have clear reception again

·
Registered
685 Posts
I recently installed a aftermarket radio in my car to replace the stock one and all I’m getting is static on the AM/FM stations but can sometimes hear a little music ..the antenna adapter has a blue wire on it but the radio harness and harness adapter for the stock wiring harness doesn’t have the blue wire...what can I do to get rid of the static and have clear reception again
I am not saying that you won't get an answer, but it would make it a lot easier to get good information if you let us know the year, and model of your car, along with the model of the radio your trying to install.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sounds to me like no antenna plugged in.................

Blue wire on antenna typically is for power to a retractable one that goes up and down. If OP antenna is down of course it won't work well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unplug and try plugging in again. They are a super tight fit and must be pushed in all the way.

On some years of Versa, the wiring harness doesn't have a proper ground for a bigger stereo and you will need to ground the stereos ground wire to the chassis. I had to do this when I upgraded my headunit last month to an Xtrons. If you have a 2012 sedan, you'll be using a Metra 70-7552 which is for Subarus and 2007+ Nissans. You'll notice the ground on the Metra harness goes into nothing on the Versa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts