Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was surfing through ebay, and I came across these three knobs that are listed for the TIIDA, and are aftermarket replacements for the three stock A/C control knobs. The TIIDA setup looks identical to that of the V and these knobs match very well with the radio center knob and those in the vents. Check the link out and tell me what you think.

NISSAN TIIDA AIR-CONDITION CONTROL PANEL ELEGANTSWITCH | eBay

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the ebay post they are. I need to find a V at my local Pick A' Part to test if we can remove the control knobs. I tried for a quick second last night and it felt like they will break if I pull too hard.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Wow I always thought different knobs would spruce up the hvac controls. Is someone gets these take pics. I didn't think you could pull the knobs off either in the Versa.

·
Registered
81 Posts
According to the ebay post they are. I need to find a V at my local Pick A' Part to test if we can remove the control knobs. I tried for a quick second last night and it felt like they will break if I pull too hard.
Maybe you need something to put behind them to pry them out like a screwdriver. Those knobs on Ebay look sweet keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I would buy them, but idk. The controls don't look exactly the same, and if they are even slightly different, it'll be a waste of $50. This is probably gonna be one of those things where someone's just gonna have to bite the bullet and try it out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i just noticed on the ebay listing it shows the installation (even if its not for the tiida/versa) and it looks like you can pull the AC knobs off and pop on the new ones. i would hope thats how easy it is lol.. if I get some extra cash one day I may get it and see, if im not happy i'll just ship it back to them :p

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There a couple forum members with Tiidas, so if it doesn;t work out you might be able to send it to them, although shipping would be ridiculous!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would carefully open the package, so then I could seal it back up and write "return to sender" on it LOL nice cheap way of shipping something ;)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hahaha. ^^that's great^^ I would also like to get these if they work. More JDM parts!

·
Registered
613 Posts
These are very nice ... :)
They are really nice, better than the knobs our versa's have, and when the spring hits, i'll see what happens with regards to the AC knobs and pull out the dash pieces and such, then like I said earlier possibly invest in that ebay listing.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I tried pulling mine out yesterday and here's what happened: they knob "clicks" and pulls out a fraction of an inch then seems to be stuck there. I didn't try to hard, so maybe I will try more later today. Ill let you know what happens.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
By the way guys, I just found these on ebay for $20 with free shipping. If I can pull my knobs off later today I will buy these and try them out.

I can't post up the link cause I'm on my phone, but you can type in "refitting nissan tiida A~C heat control knobs"

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Alright, so they are in fact removable, and it was actually quite easy. Here are the pics:

Mini pry-bar to pop them off: They actually come pretty easy, just go slow with it. It also helps if you use the flat side of the pry-bar. I had already taken it off and was just trying to show you how I did it.

Here is what the knob looks like:

Here is what the hole looks like:

All three removed:

And all three holes:

Looking back at the Ebay posting, it appears that they might be able to fit USDM Versas, but without seeing what the backside looks like, there is no way to tell for sure.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
These however look like they WILL fit for sure, and look very similar to the original ones posted. I am ordering and will let you know the results when I get them in!!!

Tiida HVAC Knobs

Note: the Instalation direction displayed ARE NOT for the Versa, ours do not look like that, however, the product images are spot on.

BTW, it says 31-40 days for standard shipping. At least its free

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
nice but I dont think I would risk that long of shipping

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
seller says shipping usually takes under 20 days to get to the US, so hopefully it won't take tooooooooo long :)

Also, it says it comes with a free gift!! Some strange chinese tea.. Not so sure about that one..

Also, the seller has pretty decent feedback, so it cant be too bad, and if something does go wrong, at least it was the $20 knobs instead of the $50 ones.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Also, it says it comes with a free gift!! Some strange chinese tea.. Not so sure about that one..

Also, the seller has pretty decent feedback, so it cant be too bad, and if something does go wrong, at least it was the $20 knobs instead of the $50 ones.
lol at the tea. I guess plus you got ebay on your side its just I have got stuff from china (the arm rest) and it took like a week to get here. you going to get them?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I ordered them. The seller has a chart of "typical delivery times" and it says us is is usually under 20 days, i think the 31-40 days was just ebays little estimate

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.