Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was looking at my intake last weekend and don't understand all the empty cutbacks or the large hollow box in front of the battery. The factory intake has so many leaks the stock 'V' is drawing a lot of hot air anyway.

I do think the 15mm tube is like breathing through a straw, but I'm trying to grasp the factory intake before moding mine.

Any thoughts¿

·
Registered
55 Posts
Superskunk and Mcleod, Thank you both for the very rappid replies.

I understand how an intake works but was confused by the seamingly cheep way Nissan put this one together. I didn't want to remove something that would cause my engine lite to come on later.

Considering the location of the throttle body, I was concidering getting the stalled air from the cabin fire wall. Have you guyz seen or heard of this being done?

BTW: two of my modded vehicles are on cardomain under 'jokir'.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the car comment.

With my head rectally removed you're right. Most of my previous endives had the exhaust on the front unlike this Nissan. I see why the builders put the inlet at the hood/grill area.

I wander if this was an attempt at some ram effect to assist with air inlet?

I'm using a K&N now and will design something that will go from the filter box and fan-out under the lip of the hood similar to the stock, but with larger capacity.

I would love to see the Versa wind tunnel tests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.