Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a new versa and I did have a after market radio installed by a car audio store. Ever since,
after a couple of weeks the airbag light will go off. I do notice the passanger air bag light flicker a little when it does set off the airbag light. I have done the reset twice which clears it for a couple of weeks, but it returns with
the passenger light flickering a little and causing the issue. Anyone seen
this or have ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just wanted to add to this. Each time the airbag light went off, it was during
starting the versa. When the passenger light starts to flicker some, the airbag light will go off. Its is completely random. I know the installer didn't disconnect
the passenger airbag wire. I am wondering if they rested the center piece with the wire and maybe its not making a good connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, key on and off three times. First two times it last for a week. Third time it last for two weeks.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Does the 3 times on and off work on any car cause my wife's truck is doing this know.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
No, it's a Suzuki Grand Vitara.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The airbag light is flashing. I will know when it goes off when I see the passenger airbag indicator flicker and then go off. On next start it acts normal but airbag light flashing

·
Registered
68 Posts
i had my airbag light on after i painted my dash and thats cause i disconnected the pass air bag light next to the radio and if you can get a scan tool to it you can turn it off thats how i had to get mine off

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
My airbag light is on too, i own a 2010 1.6(base model) which never had a factory radio so the light came on after the aftermarket headunit was installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds like a fault in the SRS system
Why dont you take the center plate out for some close inspections? Whoever installed the radio unit might not have plugged the passenger side air bag light properly.
Or try to dO a reset again but this time, on the third key on cycle, leave the vehicle go through the on-board diagnois for a few minutes before shutting it off.
I remember having to do the same when i took my deck out before

1 - 13 of 13 Posts