Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Looking for some help. I had massive play in my lower ball joint on my 07 versa so I changed the whole arm. And while I was there I also took care of the strut. Also replaced the sway bar link. But I still get the play from the lower ball joint. I do know it’s seated all the way in because the the top of the joint is flush with the hole it goes into. This is driving me crazy. any input would be great

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome Wangdoole5,

Any chance you can take a video of the play? or take some well lit pictures of the ball join area?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I usually just post the vid to youtube, and then paste the link in the post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lets see if this works i also am going to replace the arm with a new one just in case i got a bad part

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do you have the old part still to compare thickness of the ball joint peg?

You are right, it doesn't look right, is the play come from the area that gets clammed to to the knuckle, or the "blue" ball joint it self?

It looks like grease is already oozing out from underneath the blue seal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I remove the piece I’m going to see if it’s tapered. That may be the issue maybe. I also may have over greased it as well

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
We went through this same thing a while back with somebody else IIRC, it turned out wrong part was being used. Just watched video, that is NOT the right size stud there. Grease has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys. Here’s what I got I removed the new arm. And felt a significant taper in the hole they the ball joinh goes in. The lower arm was replaced about a year and half ago. I also noticed that the bolt that holds it in place was a slightly different diameter than the new one that came with the new arm

So what I’m thinking is the ball joint banged around for a while. ( wife never told me of issue). So I orders a used spindle knuckle. T hanks for all your advice. I’ll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sometimes the balljoint shaft size gets changed, be sure of the correct part.
That's what I'm thinking. The ol' skinny shaft syndrome. LOL

Can you tell if the play is between the ball joint and knuckle, ball joint and control arm or within the joint itself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I'm thinking. The ol' skinny shaft syndrome. LOL

Can you tell if the play is between the ball joint and knuckle, ball joint and control arm or within the joint itself?
the play is between the ball joint and the knuckle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts