Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about replacing the alternator on my 2011 versa..checked YouTube but the majority of what it shows is battery and serpentine belt replacement and would I be able to do it by myself or do I need an extra set of hands and would I need any special tools???

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Remove serp belt.

Remove rad reservoir tank.

Remove wiring harnesses from alt.

Remove two alt bolts and alt comes out but the two bolts go through pinch inserts in alt legs which clamp together to tighten the alt fit on the bracket tighter. You have to carefully pry the alt to one side to loosen the inserts then alt falls right out.

Alt has a one way clutch pulley that must spin easily in one direction but lock up going the other way.

·
Registered
699 Posts
How do I go about replacing the alternator on my 2011 versa..checked YouTube but the majority of what it shows is battery and serpentine belt replacement and would I be able to do it by myself or do I need an extra set of hands and would I need any special tools???
Make sure that prior to doing any work, DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST..................................

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
X2 and how on earth did I miss that?

One wrench bump against that hot lead on back of alt to ground it has torched more than a few ECMs instantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts