Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 240sx owner on a local forum forgot to lock his doors and next morning radio, boost gauge, and egt was gone. His radio was fried, and the funny thing is, his gauge was meant for a diesel engine. The next day his friend was going to give him a ride to work and he noticed his front mount was gone on the car. It happened during the snow storm a couple days ago.

Vehicle theft is getting bad around here especially several miles south of where I live. The most obvious thing, it happened in a shady neighborhood which didn't surprise me. :frown2:

Just a reminder, always lock your doors. Whether your car is a rust bucket, or fancy schmancy don't forget.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was common sense lol

It is a sad age we live in when you have to lock and key everything you own :(
In his case, locking the door would reduce the chances of theft but his car was a target for the obvious reasons. Nice car in sketchy neighborhood = break in.

No sure whether he has an alarm or a 2nd layer of security. He says most likely cause is from a minority. I don't doubt that at all. I would of just kept the car completely stock, it's fine IMO. Either that or garage the damn thing, or don't live in a crappy neighborhood. One of those choices would result in a better outcome.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
why cant we be like Canada lol... they leave everything unlocked :p
Lol, Don't believe everything Michael Moore tells you in his videos!
This is definitely not true. All of our family and friends keep their doors locked pretty much 100 % of the time!!!! Our front door is pretty much always locked, even when we are home.

In regards to our vehicles, the new Nissans are always locked, and my dad's two older cars are always usually locked. We accidentally one night left the sliding door of our minivan open ALL NIGHT. Our neighbours noticed in the morning and told us. Turns out, nobody wants a minivan with a full tank of gas, DARN! Even when you leave the door open nobody wants it, haha ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
where i live in the country we leave our front doors wide open...
thats why i love where i live at... people dont dare break into your home..
yea our doors are wide open
but its like 100% gaurnteed that whoever is inside has a 12guage right next to them lol..
but car theft/truck theft is huge here...
espically off of trucks ... if you dont have lock nuts for your wheels your nice new super swampers are gonnna get stolen real fast..

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
yup 12guage is a shotgun, yup i got the 45 sitting inside the house waiting as well.

And yes I live in one of the most antigun states there is. I think everyone should cary, would probably stop alot of crime.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah I'd have to agree....we don't get as much crime here and guns are all but illegal.

Funnily enough, most murders here are committed by friends or family! lol

Now that's why I don't talk to my family! ROFL

·
Registered
303 Posts
i love my guns, i got a 12 guage by the bedroom door and a 9mm at bedside, both loaded and one in the chamber with the safety on. nothing has happened here other than my cat converter getting stolen out of an old 4runner, but it was bad anyways

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm ... I hope that it never becomes legal here to allow guns to be carried.
I don't believe that allowing individuals to carry a gun actually "stops" crime.
I disagree. Not allowing people to own a gun doesn't stop people from stealing a gun. Besides, people are still going to steal and use it for their own good if it breaks the law. People who want to own a gun for self defense if their life is in danger should have that right. If you don't want a gun, don't purchase one. That simple.

yup 12guage is a shotgun, yup i got the 45 sitting inside the house waiting as well.

And yes I live in one of the most antigun states there is. I think everyone should cary, would probably stop alot of crime.
Yeah, Illinois is a liberal Democratic state. There are other states that are pro gun like Arizona and Texas.

·
Registered
303 Posts
criminals will get guns, there is no state gun ban that will ever stop that. all the strict gun laws do is prevent the law abiding citizens who want them for home and self defense from obtaining them easily. you have to jump thru hoops in california to own a gun, its ridiculous

·
Registered
222 Posts
from locking doors to firearms. wow what a leap...
lock doors? yes. own a couple of weapons? yes i do. Do i know how to properly and safely use all weapons that i own ?..yes.
Do i agree with all laws dealing with weapons around the world.? No some are just down right ridiculous.

·
Registered
927 Posts
why carry a gun? self defense? nah... ive been trained with a 9mm and a pump shotty and when im on patrol and an event happened i didnt even thought about releasing safety... but the guy on patrol he immediately grabbed his side arm and released the safety latch... i mean wouldnt that action aggravate the person you're about to deal with? thats only my 2 cent guns are the reason why we have war right now :( dont even tell me its the user of the gun because thats a lame excuse... in a tight situation and depressed would you resort resort to self suicide or getting a quick escape with your gun? yeah thats how people get killed by accidents... no guns no crimes... everyone gets a gun = alot of crime lol... paraniod...

about your V always keep it lock :p and double check if you have Ikey because sometimes it may trigger the sound but it wouldnt lock :p i had this happen to me twice... also change your battery every 2 years :p for Ikey users :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
You couldn't be more wrong, If I didn't have this gun, the king of England could just walk in here anytime he wants and start shoving you around. Do you want that? Huh? Do you?

lol sorry this is what i was thinking the whole time reading this lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.