Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to grab power for an amp? There seems to be a little fuse block or something at the + batt terminal. And what is the best way to run said cable into the car?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You need power (positive) from the battery, then ground it from where you want the amp. I have my power cable run through underneath the steering column where there is a grommet you can pierce through with a coathanger to pull the cable. Depending on how much power you want will determine the gauge of cable you need.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
An Amp has 3 cables: Battery cable, ground cable, and start cable.
then you have the RCA cables for audio

The best place to grap power for an amp is the battery.
The battery cable for the amp should come with a fuse.
the battery cable fuse should look something like this...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha thanks guys, I've installed my share of stereos, I was just looking for vehicle specifics lol, I'll look for that grommet though thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm putting my alpine deck in tomorrow, I have an MX audio amp, and a couple jennsen 12's, I'm only putting one in though. The deck is sweet! The amp and sub are ok, nothing special... It's not like i want to compete, just a little more bass in there lol

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well I'm putting my alpine deck in tomorrow, I have an MX audio amp, and a couple jennsen 12's, I'm only putting one in though. The deck is sweet! The amp and sub are ok, nothing special... It's not like i want to compete, just a little more bass in there lol
I hear ya! :thumb2:

I can't remember the last time I heard a car with lots of BASS on.
I guess that's old school. I wish I had more bass, maybe one 10"sub or one 12"sub

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
grommet locate

grommet here

o man i gotta put my amp and sub in. been trying to find time for a year now:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.