Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm gonna be installing my amp and sub in the V. I need help to find out where to route the wires from the battery and HU to the sub and amp. I've tried prying out the lower door trims but not really enough room for 4AWG wire or RCAs. Maybe through the carpet? I already know how to route the power wire through the firewall, just dunno where to conceal it inside.

·
Registered
92 Posts
its easy. the power wire gos throw the left side. and the rca, remote wire and the bass controler on the right side.. all of the panels on the floor come out they are held down with some type of clips. 4 ga is that bad to run. it is really easy to bend.. you shouldnt have much trouble doing it. what subs are you putting?

I'm gonna be installing my amp and sub in the V. I need help to find out where to route the wires from the battery and HU to the sub and amp. I've tried prying out the lower door trims but not really enough room for 4AWG wire or RCAs. Maybe through the carpet? I already know how to route the power wire through the firewall, just dunno where to conceal it inside.

·
Registered
452 Posts
under the carpet under the seats is how i ran mine all the way to the hatch

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its easy. the power wire gos throw the left side. and the rca, remote wire and the bass controler on the right side.. all of the panels on the floor come out they are held down with some type of clips. 4 ga is that bad to run. it is really easy to bend.. you shouldnt have much trouble doing it. what subs are you putting?
I'm just running my 10" alphasonik and exonic 280 amp. Nothing big.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my sub and amp wired up. I had to take out the battery and airbox to reach the grommet to the footwell. Pierced a hanger through the grommet, taped the power wire from the inside to the hanger, pulled it through, put the airbox and battery back in, connected the power wire to the positive. Tore out the dash to connect the sub remote and rca wires, tucked them down the passenger side trim, tucked the power wire down the driver side trim, hooked the ground to the bolt underneath the back seat, wired the amp, good to go. I know I should've taken pics, but it was damn cold in the garage lol.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
man, you made this way too hard on yourself, all you had to do is pull up the plastic panels on the driver side... i ran my RCA wires and my power cable through there, i will post some pics tomorrow... and you also could have got to the grommet from under the dash so you wouldnt have remove the battery....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man, you made this way too hard on yourself, all you had to do is pull up the plastic panels on the driver side... i ran my RCA wires and my power cable through there, i will post some pics tomorrow... and you also could have got to the grommet from under the dash so you wouldnt have remove the battery....
I did see the grommet from underneath the dash. If I had poked through with the hanger, I couldn't see where it was going to go from under the hood, the airbox was blocking the grommet so much. It is proper wiring technique to separate the power and RCA/remote wires on each side of the car, to prevent electrical distortion. Its all good though, I'm just glad I got my subwoofer back :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
the reason for this is if you have a thin insulation for your wires. The positive/ charged wires will emit electrical noise if its not insulated properly :p that is why monster cable are so expensive 50 bucks a piece :p because it is thick and well insulated and it can be run with the ground wire. any professional will tell you that but if you are just using regular cable with thin insulation it is best to run it apart but i hope you noticed that it will still come closer together as the wires get closer to the amplifier :p but grounds can be anything that is metal to metal to the frame :p so the ground wire will be short anyways :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
sorry i didnt read the whole thread :p grats on installing your stuff properly :p its always good to follow by the book but technology is getting better :p can you take a picture where you installed your amp?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Power wire through the grommet

Tucked into the kick panel

My shoddy sub enclosure. Formerly a bandpass, now hacked into a ported box lol. There was a panel on the interior where the sub had been bolted onto. But during the accident, it had cracked the interior panel, thus having to remove it. I cut a hole on the outside and fitted the sub into it. It works, just not as good as if it were a bandpass :neutral:

Ground wire bolted at the seat frame

Amp mounted on top of enclosure

Wiring coming from behind the backseat

I forgot to shoot the RCA/remote wires on the passenger side. Tucked in the same way as the driver side. FYI I had to use 8AWG instead of 4AWG power wire. I wasn't able to tuck the 4 as good I could with the 8. Its alrite though, not running that much power anyway lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wiring amplifier and subwoofer

hey guys im having the same problem here except im running 2 gauge wires plus the RCA's and the remote wires. i was thinking of taking the carpet out to wire them under it but it seems to be stapled to the frame i think. has anyone here ever tried to take the carpet out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just used needle nose pliers to get the staples out. They were just stapled to a thin plastic strip. When I put everything back together I just tucked the carpet back underneath the trim without re-stapling it. I did this a year ago and the carpet hasn't come loose since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts