Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my Nissan Versa Note SV 2015 yesterday, today while it was parked I smelled gas, found a puddle below the car under the gas tank and I could see the gas dripping (absolutely did not hit anything, barely driven).

Called the dealer, advised me to call Nissan road assistance service, they responded and dispatched a towing vehicle. Got it towed to the dealership.

Have to wait until next week to be checked by Service department, was given a loaner.

HUGE disappointment!!!!!! I traded my previous vehicle with the Versa Note to avoid unexpected events like this, and I get this really????

Should I ask to exchange the car with another new one? or just get it repaired under warranty? What do you think guys?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got my Nissan Versa Note SV 2015 yesterday, today while it was parked I smelled gas, found a puddle below the car under the gas tank and I could see the gas dripping (absolutely did not hit anything, barely driven).

Called the dealer, advised me to call Nissan road assistance service, they responded and dispatched a towing vehicle. Got it towed to the dealership.

Have to wait until next week to be checked by Service department, was given a loaner.

HUGE disappointment!!!!!! I traded my previous vehicle with the Versa Note to avoid unexpected events like this, and I get this really????

Should I ask to exchange the car with another new one? or just get it repaired under warranty? What do you think guys?
Why should it take a week? That should be first priority for the dealer/ service department.
If you can get another versa, i would.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a couple issues as soon as my Versa as well and debated whether to keep the car or not.

I would wait until the dealer inspects it. It could be something as either loose fuel line hose clamp, defective hose, or some other small issue. If so, I would keep the car but if it is something that isn't minor and I would trying to trade it for another one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently the leak was coming from the gas tank, they said they have replaced it with a brand new one. The car drives fine now. But still thinking if I should ask for a replacement.:|

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can always try but doubt it if they will replace your car. Only happens if it is covered under lemon law criteria.

It's good they found the problem and got it fixed correctly. Hopefully you can start enjoying the car now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can always try but doubt it if they will replace your car. Only happens if it is covered under lemon law criteria.

It's good they found the problem and got it fixed correctly. Hopefully you can start enjoying the car now.
Yeah, i'm enjoying it, i like the car, but now the front lt speaker is not good, rattles or buzzes with bass.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think you can return a car for a speaker that doesn't sound right to you and a gas leak they fixed. My speaker seems to do the same at times. They aren't good speakers. I would just ask them if they can check it out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Glad it has been fixed.

The crack could have occured during the transportation or installation of your vehicle. Because they only fill the vehicle with a couple of gallons of gas, it may not have been apparent there was a leak/crack until it was filled completely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.