Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadians facing another federal election May 2, because the opposition parties have officially lost confidence in the government.
The opposition opposes?!?!?:grouphug::boxing_smiley: :beatdeadhorse5:Go figure eh?:cryin::confused5::slap::Yawn: Fourth time in seven years:(08v

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Here in knoxville, TN they're trying to pass a law that will increase the price of coke because it has sugar!! people are still going to buy and drink coke, and they will use that money for next elections!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ah yes, the fat tax. Don't forget the tanning bed tax.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Here in knoxville, TN they're trying to pass a law that will increase the price of coke because it has sugar!! people are still going to buy and drink coke, and they will use that money for next elections!!!!
Another reason government should stay out of the private sector, if people want to get fat and eat unhealthy, their decision. Not everybody has to suffer the same consequences.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Another reason government should stay out of the private sector, if people want to get fat and eat unhealthy, their decision. Not everybody has to suffer the same consequences.
and I agree. when government sees anything that is making money, what's the next step? regulate it. government should stay out

·
Registered
68 Posts
Honestly my biggest problem with the elections is that I doubt it will actually change the way it works, sure a few seats here and there my flop sides, but I have a feeling no one will have a majority government, and with that I doubt the conservatives are willing to work with anyone on anything that does not fully meet their agenda.

On top of that, they play these stupid ads that attack Ignatieff, why do they do that? Because they have not done anything the whole time they have been in power worth talking about on the comercials.

That's not to say that I think Ignatieff is the best suited leader, but really, how about instead of just saying how bad the other leaders are you actually tell us some of the good things you have done.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, negative ads about the competition are rather effective. It appeals to our sense of "That's not fair!" We end up voting to get people out rather than ideologies we want to see voted in. Even though it's not very exciting, I would like to know what positives every party intends to bring!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have never seen so much coke for so little until I moved to the US. I've also never encountered a substance called high fructose corn syrup found in everything from bread to coke to cheeseburgers until I moved here lol.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I have never seen so much coke for so little until I moved to the US. I've also never encountered a substance called high fructose corn syrup found in everything from bread to coke to cheeseburgers until I moved here lol.
Where are you from? HFCS is much cheaper to produce for companies than sucrose, hence it's commonly used.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I caught some of Pres on tv last couple days. Same Stuff, Different President. It's too early for candidates to say anything strong or commital imo. It would be like playing your best cards first...don't lead with trump! [pardon pun:D] ...but I'm still watching; still important stuff.
What does everybody have to say? 08v

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It's hard to decide which candidate will be best to challenge Obama. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the current POTUS, he hasn't done much during his first term in office. His keynesian economic policies are not succesful for the US, alot of jobs are getting shipped over seas, taxes are high, unemployment is over 9%. So much for 'hope and change' this president has promised and left alot of people to desire over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts