Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another question regarding the fuel pressure regulator.

I was just wondering...how does kicking the clutch when rolling bypass this fuel pressure regulator and make the car start? Like in details if anyone can answer this question that would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Rolling a car is same as engaging the starter. It doesn't bypass the fuel pressure regulator. If anything it's turning the key and letting the pump prime the lines that is getting the car started.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would that imply that it is not my fpr but my starter. Cause my car doesn't even crank anymore. But if I wait like 8 hours it will turn on no problem...like this morning it started fine.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
So would that imply that it is not my fpr but my starter. Cause my car doesn't even crank anymore. But if I wait like 8 hours it will turn on no problem...like this morning it started fine.
Fpr has never caused a no crank situation. If your car doesn't crank but you can push start it then it's most likely the starter. Take it out and bring it to be tested. In my other cars when the starter failed it was same way. One time start right up and another time nothing.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My car started having long crank times again today. I'm hoping it was a one time thing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.