Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, all!
Wife and I just purchased a '11 1.8S automatic Hatchback over the weekend after learning that our '05 Maxima would not resusitate without more money than we cared to part with. Almost bought a '10 in the same color, model, but opted for the full warranty than shortened pre-owned warranty.... oh, and the new car smell!

Sales experience was better than when we bought the Maxima, perhaps attributable to small town Mississippi versus the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, but the game hasn't changed any between the dealership and the customer.

But all-in-all we we are happy with the purchase... look forward to learning from current owners in the forum.

Regards,
Mississippi Versa aka MSV

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats on new V! Is it cvt or traditional automatic? What happened to Max? Problem related to engine or tranny?:(bummer. Welcome to NVF MSV! 08v

·
Registered
247 Posts
How is a '05 Maxima already in need of a costly repair? what happened to it and how many miles are on it?

Congrats on the V!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Versa is a traditional automatic, no CVT's were on the lot... not sure I'm ready to experience driving without the feel of the shift. Wife and daughter objected to a manual transmission, not that any were available.

The Maxima was passing oil from the head into the cylinder and would belch smoke after sitting all night. This was not a slow leak and would consume oil faster than the older cars I owned back in the 70's-early 80's. Couple that with the 1st-2nd gear disc slippage, and loss of engine power (bad MAF, clogged cats they said), and even the timing belt was past due replacement and starting to slap the engine wall. All this started at about 91K miles. Delaying the belt replacement was my neglegence, but not the other problems.

We miss the luxury of the Maxima, but its nice to be on the front end of a new warranty and problem-free (so far). Told our daughter we would give her the car if she scores high enough on the ACT to get a free ride at Mississippi State, needless to say, she accepted our challenge and will very likely meet her/our goal.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Versa is a traditional automatic, no CVT's were on the lot... not sure I'm ready to experience driving without the feel of the shift. Wife and daughter objected to a manual transmission, not that any were available.

The Maxima was passing oil from the head into the cylinder and would belch smoke after sitting all night. This was not a slow leak and would consume oil faster than the older cars I owned back in the 70's-early 80's. Couple that with the 1st-2nd gear disc slippage, and loss of engine power (bad MAF, clogged cats they said), and even the timing belt was past due replacement and starting to slap the engine wall. All this started at about 91K miles. Delaying the belt replacement was my neglegence, but not the other problems.

We miss the luxury of the Maxima, but its nice to be on the front end of a new warranty and problem-free (so far). Told our daughter we would give her the car if she scores high enough on the ACT to get a free ride at Mississippi State, needless to say, she accepted our challenge and will very likely meet her/our goal.

Wow that's pretty shitty for an '05 =O

I'm not a big fan of the CVT, its nice, but I like to feel my car shift lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.