Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If Versa was a Hyundai I wouldn't buy it. If Accent was a Nissan...............I still don't think I would buy it because it's dimensions are sukk. I know this is hypothetical not real but I wouldn't buy a Hyundai period. Their resale value is the worst. Their styling is inept and cheap. I would guarantee all of you if Versa was a hyundai the interior would be sukk and the fit and finish also. Just my .02 that's all. Ciao.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, I remember you mentioning about that on NICO and alot of people got onto you about that.
Ya. Biggie gave me a permanent ban 'cuz I threatened a nico member. I shouldn't have , but I was sick and tired of a couple nico members beating me up for my grammar. So one of the members attacked me and I attacked back, Biggie suspended me but wouldn't suspend the other guy so I told Biggie to take his Nico geeks and shove it into a very dark place. And I got permanently banned and they contacted the local authorities here, apparently, to arrest me for criminal behavior. I do miss lots of members on there but I don't miss the moderators and the jerks. Eventually you will get the nico members over here, I am pretty sure the stupid attitude is still around. Ciao.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I drove an Accent through my four years of University, so in response to your question, no I would never buy an Accent again. I did test drive the new four door sedan (the same day I ended up buying my Versa), and it felt like I was driving my 2001 Accent that I was currently driving. The car has changed its appearance, but nothing else. And another turn off was that the four door version did not come with a sunroof. There was no option to add it, that made me turn it down for good. I wanted a sunroof! haha! But it was a good car while it lasted. I just found that with time the car lost all of its power. I could not even use the air conditioning for the most part because the car would not give (forget trying to pass on the highway). I'm extremely glad that I bought the Versa instead. Compared to the Accent, it has MUCH MUCH MUCH more power! Love it :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wouldnt buy accent but i would buy genesis :p

Look, if you have the dough to buy a genesis, then you have the dough to buy an altima 3.5s. If someone pointed a gun @ me and told me to buy a genesis or else, i would buy it. Otherwise, right now as i see it, Nissan is charging around the block and gaining on toyota for sales numbers. They never will, mind you, but they will stay close. I am pretty sure Nissan renault combined capture a huge chunk of the global market. Don't know the exact figures but it's hefty. The next car I purchase is...........don't know. Like ILMV, I plan to keep the versa for a very long time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i dont know if i would buy altima over genesis :p im not planning on buying this car because im not done paying off my versa lol... and once im done i would get a hybrid car :p and by the looks of it i might buy one from mazda if they will get the key components from toyota and modify it and by that time mazda will not be a part of ford :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all hyundai line up is bad except the genesis :p
What I would like to know is how well genesis is doing for resale value. And how much is a new genesis out the door? The idea behind an altima 3.5s is that you pretty much have a z-car engine in a sleeper sedan as well as the car is built well. I just think Nissan is the closest brand to premium japanese car brands. Lexus had cool looking cars but Infinitis are way cooler. Just my opinion don't get mad. Ciao.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
If the Versa was a hyundai I would have still bought it. Though I have only driven nissan's for the past 10 years I am not really a brand loyalist. I buy what works for me. I needed a really cheap, great MPG, roomy daily driver. There was not another car that got as good MPG with as much room as my 1.6V. I don't really care who's name is on it. If it's a good value and what I need I will get it.

This is the reason I don't buy domestic. They don't make anything I need. What american car could I have cross shopped my V for? The only one is a dam Aveo. It was way smaller and way more money to get the options I wanted. Now in foreign I had a toyota, honda, suzuki, nissan, and hyundai to choose from. But don't get me wrong. If one of those companies put together a better package then the V I would have bought their car. But they didn't.

As far as hyundai goes. I like them. I am a sucker for an underdog and I feel great things come out of competition. They are a player in a game that I feel they alone are changing. I most likely will be a genesis coupe owner one day.

·
Registered
927 Posts
why would i get mad :p im not a brand loyalist either ive owned a 69 chevy malibu a 00 honda civic, 07 nissan versa my sister drives a toyota rav 4 and my mom wants a kia soul o_O lol test drive a hyundai genesis though and feel the interior and the quiteness while you drive... its a sport/luxury in a low price... i love jdms but i wouldnt get a jdm if it will cost me an arm and a leg i rather get better parts for cheap :p its like making manufacturing a valve stem if i manufacture it will people buy it i dont think so but for the same material and quality of a mass produced valve stem with a badge of "tsunami<<< made up name" people would buy it because of the brand name :p resale of genesis is pretty high still because people who returned it cant afford to pay for it and they didnt return it because they dont like it... its a pretty good knock off of g35 :p but why did i buy the versa??? because its unique it serves it purpose with out over doing it... i was going for a matrix but i said no i was going for a prius but i said the technology is not well tested yet "waiting for mazda to release their hybrid" i was going for a fit but i said err the back looks too small i was going for a yaris but the interior is too small... why didnt i get an SUV or cross over because i dont like vehicles that eats alot of gas... why didnt i get another coupe or sedan because i sit too low on the ground i like the way i ride on my versa... its versatile :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the reason being that hypothetical isn't a good way to look @ this. Too easy to wave a magic wand and make a Versa a hyundai and accent a Nissan. It didn't happen and for good reason. Hyundai doesn't have a european carstyling crew making their cars. Renault. French carmakers always push comfort first. Anyone ever been to Paris? Memory foam was invented by Citroen lol. I remember sitting in the backseat of a Citroen taxi and I sunk lol. Not kidding. Alot of you know what I am talking about. That was an awesome experience. I love Europe and I love the way they do things. American car design was awesome early on but they have plain sukked for economy and sedan cars lately. American trucks are awesome but 25000 USD should deliver awesome. Just my opinion don't get mad. Ciao.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.