Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 Versa with only 14000 miles on it. I noticed the engine coolant is slowly disappearing from the overflow tank. It is a little under the min. line when cold.It gets over the line when hot.I can't smell any antifreeze, so I don't think it is a leak. Can it be a head gasket or engine block crack???

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I love scotty kilmer, even if his intro sequences are a little annoying :p

As for the coolant issue. I wouldn't worry if your not losing very much, but here's what id suggest: fill your coolant with the engine fully cold (in the morning before you start it at all) about an inch or 2 above the low line. Mark the level with a sharpie. Now drive it for a few days and then recheck it (again, in the morning before you start it at all). If the level isn't within an inch or so of the sharpie then you've got a leak. Mark the new level and wait a couple more days and check again. If it goes down more, your leaking for sure. If its between the 2 marks you now have you're good to go!

Also, check the coolant overflow hose and make sure that's not leaky. It could just be a bad seal between the hose and radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.