Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here done this yet? I know it's pretty easy to do. Remove motor/drive shaft assembly, and plug resultant hole with grommet that lays flush with glass (for appearance purposes).

I will probably do this, although might regret it when the snow hits.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anyone here done this yet? I know it's pretty easy to do. Remove motor/drive shaft assembly, and plug resultant hole with grommet that lays flush with glass (for appearance purposes).

I will probably do this, although might regret it when the snow hits.
thought about it, but then decided against it when i realized how much dust and grime builds up on the window back there lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thought about it, but then decided against it when i realized how much dust and grime builds up on the window back there lol
See i don't care about things like that. I believe in sort of the old school way of taking care of cars, they are high maintenance and i like that. Not a big effort to just wash the window manually.

Most people think of vehicles nowadays as appliances, they never open the hood, never wash them, never do anything on them until it breaks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
See i don't care about things like that. I believe in sort of the old school way of taking care of cars, they are high maintenance and i like that. Not a big effort to just wash the window manually.

Most people think of vehicles nowadays as appliances, they never open the hood, never wash them, never do anything on them until it breaks.
believe me, i am the same way...i just dont like the idea of hacking OEM equipment off of any car, modifying the original equipment yes, taking it out completely, no

edit: scratch that BS above, now that i think about it and how good it looks on a honda fit, i may just do it at some point in the future, but then i would have a useless toggle switch on my steering wheel stock lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a completely reversible mod, like 4 bolts and a connector, including the wiper arm bolt.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Handy for snow too, esp for living in snow belt London ON eh 07V6mt?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe, but i'll probably take it out for the summer.

Reactions: 08versailles

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So as an update. I did the delete. Very simple 4 bolts including the wiper drive shaft bolt. Grommet solution turned out to be very simple and solved other problems. I have done a rear battery relocate as well, and putting it in the spare tire well was a no brainer. There is a nice convenient hole with a blank grommet in it, convenient for running your positive cable down under the spare tire well, over the exhaust heat shields and along the chassis, secured by cable holders/clamps with self tappers (remember to always use plenty of lube with self tappers to avoid rust down the road, especially in the salt belts). Used the spare tire securing nut/point as my chassis ground, just find a bolt with the same thread pitch etc, sand down what was the spare tire mounting point and it serves as the ideal chassis ground.

So i had to take this blank grommet out to run the cables and up till now had no grommet there. Conveniently the hole in the hatch glass is about the same diameter as the hole in the spare tire well and the blank fits right in the hatch glass. Now i can put the hatch grommet with the hole in it, in my spare tire well so i can run my cables through it but still have it sealed with a grommet!

The weight savings are a plus, entire assembly is probably around 5 lbs, hatch takes a little less effort to close, and as a result comes up faster (for those of you with hatch shocks that are getting weak, like mine).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Pictures, pictures, pictures lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ye, Pictures please..
Unfortunatly we cannot do this delete in our country, as it will make the car unroadworthy (Although there are things driving around that completely falls apart, but this is South-Africa, where the criminal rule, and the law abiding citizen suffer)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish i could take pics but i have nothing to take pics with. Maybe i'll try fixing my iPod touch, got a cracked screen (mechanic, fallen out of my pocket numerous times) that initially wouldn't register touch anymore, and now won't charge or turn on at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.