Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that the 2 semi detached houses next door to me just became Niagara Regional Housing. Subsidized housing, government housing, projects, whatever you want to call it, thats what they are. And before you accuse me of applying a stereotype to them... well maybe I am. BUT... the mechanical company I work for has a contract with this housing corporation. We service their houses. I have been in far too many to number, yet can count on one hand how many of them were not absolutely despicable. So I know while it may be wrong to stereotype people in general, it is fair to say from personal experience that the likely hood of them becoming slums is high.

My concerns...

1) Property Values... what will happen to mine? I want to unload this place ASAP now before word gets out about what is next door, and before the houses are trashed.

2) Slums... They will probably become them. Already there are people in one of them and they partied out front until 4 AM last weekend, however I was staying elsewhere that night and missed it.

3) Are they allowed to randomly make houses into projects without the consent of the immediate neighbours? Given what it will certainly due to property values, it seems like something I should have had some input into.

So here are my questions... Should I have been made aware of this change? Do I have any legal recourse now to either have them cancelled as being welfare housing, or suing the housing corporation to recoup losses in property value?

I will be talking with a real estate lawyer A.S.A.P. but was hoping someone could give some input into the matter as its a long weekend and I won't be able to talk to anyone until tuesday at the earliest.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'd be rustled about it. We had a low income apartment complex down the street and a 16 yr. old girl got hold of a pistol and screamed while shooting off a round into the sky. Remember, bullets eventually fall back to the earth be careful.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it wasn't as it initially appeared. It turns out it is just a deal that the current (new) tenants worked out with the assistance of the housing people and the landlord, so it is just while these people are there. And I can't complain about them, they seem like awesome people and are taking care of the place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts