Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
So I finally found the time to install my Fog Lamp Kit (PN 999L1-4Z000) and boy what an ordeal. I must be getting old for this. I guess it wasn't all that bad only two broken tabs, a small cut on one hand, and a whole bunch of scratches on my arms.

Since most of the body parts are just snapped together, this was the most difficult part of the project, not knowing if you are going to break anything while you pull things apart. It took a lot of patience to get it done.

The Nissan PDF instructions I found from the web were not too descriptive and in most cases the car is not symmetrical. Accessibility on the right side was much easier than on the left.

Overall, it turned out great, even got a surprise new feature for my wipers.
I am started on this project right now. I had to take a break due to the frustration of all of the plastic crap. I haven't even gotten the top radiator cover off yet. Each time I try to pull it off, it feels like there's too much tension and it feels like the damned plastic tabs are going to break. I may abandon this project, as it's going to be more expensive when/if I start busting plastic tabs. This should be such a simple task, but all of the plastic nonsense is making this way more difficult than it needs to be. :mad5:

· Registered
41 Posts
I know the feeling, I've been there....

As I said "this is the most difficult part of the project" particularly, like you, I thought this was fairly simple.

Anyway these panels were designed to be snapped together in milliseconds at the assembly line and 99.999% of the time, these panels do not have to be taken apart.
Well I chickened out. After an hour of pulling, then hearing slight cracking sounds as I felt the tension on the plastic, I decided it wasn't worth doing damage. I installed the new wiper/blinker stalk and called it a day. So I have a great set of factory fogs that will stay in a box in my garage. Ridiculous. :cussing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.