Nissan Versa Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Estebinbin, I forgot to mention, if I remember right, the pigtail connector you are looking for is part of the wiring harness for the driver side headlight. I think what I did was to trace the wires going to the headlight and found the connector there.
thank you for the reply, with my next try i hope i can find it and don't run into any other issues.. the grill and cover are just such a pain to remove without breaking the tabs...
actually is there any other advice, suggestions or warning you could provide on this installation?

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
thank you for the reply, with my next try i hope i can find it and don't run into any other issues.. the grill and cover are just such a pain to remove without breaking the tabs...
actually is there any other advice, suggestions or warning you could provide on this installation?
Can't think of anything at the moment. Just ask if you come across anything else.

· Registered
41 Posts
So I finally found the time to install my Fog Lamp Kit (PN 999L1-4Z000) and boy what an ordeal. I must be getting old for this. I guess it wasn't all that bad only two broken tabs, a small cut on one hand, and a whole bunch of scratches on my arms.

Since most of the body parts are just snapped together, this was the most difficult part of the project, not knowing if you are going to break anything while you pull things apart. It took a lot of patience to get it done.

The Nissan PDF instructions I found from the web were not too descriptive and in most cases the car is not symmetrical. Accessibility on the right side was much easier than on the left.

Overall, it turned out great, even got a surprise new feature for my wipers.
I am started on this project right now. I had to take a break due to the frustration of all of the plastic crap. I haven't even gotten the top radiator cover off yet. Each time I try to pull it off, it feels like there's too much tension and it feels like the damned plastic tabs are going to break. I may abandon this project, as it's going to be more expensive when/if I start busting plastic tabs. This should be such a simple task, but all of the plastic nonsense is making this way more difficult than it needs to be. :mad5:

· Registered
1 Posts
I am in the midst of the fog light install on my daughter's 2015 SV and near as I can tell, there is no harness that matches the one from the 999L1-4Z000 kit that we bought from the dealer. if anyone has a picture of the harness, there aren't even wires I can see under the light that match the wire colors on the harness, Black/white with black tracer, very frustrating, oh and the tech website doesn't have instructions for the 2015 SV fog light kit.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I am in the midst of the fog light install on my daughter's 2015 SV and near as I can tell, there is no harness that matches the one from the 999L1-4Z000 kit that we bought from the dealer. if anyone has a picture of the harness, there aren't even wires I can see under the light that match the wire colors on the harness, Black/white with black tracer, very frustrating, oh and the tech website doesn't have instructions for the 2015 SV fog light kit.
The best way to locate the connector for the fog lamp is to find the wire harness that feeds the left (driver side) headlamp. You can only do this once you have removed the front grill (I did not try it but I think it is next to impossible to find this connector without removing the grill).

From the headlamp follow the wire harness and you will find an open connector that will mate to the harness that came with the kit.

Please note that the area I'm talking about is very, very tight so it is quite difficult to see (that is why I was not able to get a picture). I had to do this mostly by feel.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I am started on this project right now. I had to take a break due to the frustration of all of the plastic crap. I haven't even gotten the top radiator cover off yet. Each time I try to pull it off, it feels like there's too much tension and it feels like the damned plastic tabs are going to break. I may abandon this project, as it's going to be more expensive when/if I start busting plastic tabs. This should be such a simple task, but all of the plastic nonsense is making this way more difficult than it needs to be. :mad5:
I know the feeling, I've been there....

As I said "this is the most difficult part of the project" particularly, like you, I thought this was fairly simple.

Anyway these panels were designed to be snapped together in milliseconds at the assembly line and 99.999% of the time, these panels do not have to be taken apart.

· Registered
41 Posts
I know the feeling, I've been there....

As I said "this is the most difficult part of the project" particularly, like you, I thought this was fairly simple.

Anyway these panels were designed to be snapped together in milliseconds at the assembly line and 99.999% of the time, these panels do not have to be taken apart.
Well I chickened out. After an hour of pulling, then hearing slight cracking sounds as I felt the tension on the plastic, I decided it wasn't worth doing damage. I installed the new wiper/blinker stalk and called it a day. So I have a great set of factory fogs that will stay in a box in my garage. Ridiculous. :cussing

· Registered
122 Posts
Wow, it's crazy so many people are having such a difficult time with this. I installed my aftermarket OEM-style fog lights in about 30 minutes by myself with basic hand tools. Maybe the Note is harder to work with, but I had no trouble disassembling all of the plastic shrouds underneath the car.

Reactions: Dagren

· Registered
4 Posts
Wow, it's crazy so many people are having such a difficult time with this. I installed my aftermarket OEM-style fog lights in about 30 minutes by myself with basic hand tools. Maybe the Note is harder to work with, but I had no trouble disassembling all of the plastic shrouds underneath the car.

I have a 2015 versa sv
I bought the same aftermarket fog lights but I'm having trouble finding the "existing" fog light wiring it comes with or do I use the aftermarket one I took off most of the shroud under the bumper but I'm still having trouble

· Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately the OEM Fog light kit for the Versa Note SV requires access to the wiring harness located behind the the radiator cover and grille.

These two pieces are secured to each other and the car via multiple plastic clips. There a very real possibility that the clips may break if forced incorrectly.

I hope one of the previous posters that managed to remove the radiator cover and grille can provide some insight on to how to finesse these pieces off the car.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Unfortunately the OEM Fog light kit for the Versa Note SV requires access to the wiring harness located behind the the radiator cover and grille.

These two pieces are secured to each other and the car via multiple plastic clips. There a very real possibility that the clips may break if forced incorrectly.

I hope one of the previous posters that managed to remove the radiator cover and grille can provide some insight on to how to finesse these pieces off the car.
I don't think there is a way to finesse taking apart the front bumper and grille other than carefully taking the pieces apart, hoping not to break any tabs in the process.

I've tried to describe the process the best I could but it still took me a good 4 hours to take it apart, install the OEM fogs and put it back together on my 2014 Note. Obviously I'm not a Nissan mechanic but even if I've been doing this as a living, there is no way it can be done below an hour.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Dude, you're probably more handy than most of us in the forum but I was wondering, when you installed your aftermarket fogs, did you by any chance remove the grill and the panel just above it on your car? This part alone took me about 2-3 hours to do. The rest was a a lot easier.

BTW how did you wire up the fogs, did you run a separate wire, switch, relay to the inside of the car?

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I have a 2015 versa sv
I bought the same aftermarket fog lights but I'm having trouble finding the "existing" fog light wiring it comes with or do I use the aftermarket one I took off most of the shroud under the bumper but I'm still having trouble
Jose, I can only speak for the OEM kit since that was the one I installed. I'm assuming you have read this whole tread to see what was involved in the installation.

I do not know what's included in your aftermarket kit, and how you plan to connect it electrically (separate relay, switch, etc?). The wiring is there on the SV but the wiring goes along with replacing the steering wheel stalk switch. If you are in fact replacing the stalk then you can use the wiring on the car, otherwise I would think you should wire it independent on what's already on the car.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the connector that is supposed to go to the foglamps can be found by tracing the driver side headlight wiring. It should be in the vicinity just behind that headlight. However, I'm not sure if you aftermarket harness (if you have one) will plug right in. The harness with the OEM kit will.

· Registered
10 Posts
I believe jose92013 and dude baker both have the Versa sedan, which has a very different looking grille and front bumper setup. I have a feeling the installation is different on the sedan vs the note.

I'll have to find some time to try the install again. Hopefully I have more luck. The difficulty of removing the radiator cover is annoying, especially if future radiator repair/replacement is needed.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I believe jose92013 and dude baker both have the Versa sedan, which has a very different looking grille and front bumper setup. I have a feeling the installation is different on the sedan vs the note.

I'll have to find some time to try the install again. Hopefully I have more luck. The difficulty of removing the radiator cover is annoying, especially if future radiator repair/replacement is needed.
Clovis, you are correct, I just realized that jose and dude both have the sedan which may be a totally different install procedure vs the Note.

I agree, the most difficult part is removing the rad cover and grill. These parts are designed to be snapped together in seconds and not to be taken apart ever.

· Registered
122 Posts
I don't think there is a way to finesse taking apart the front bumper and grille other than carefully taking the pieces apart, hoping not to break any tabs in the process.

I've tried to describe the process the best I could but it still took me a good 4 hours to take it apart, install the OEM fogs and put it back together on my 2014 Note. Obviously I'm not a Nissan mechanic but even if I've been doing this as a living, there is no way it can be done below an hour.
Nope, I did everything from underneath the care. I removed the splash tray and the front edges of the fender liners. There are wire routing points molded into the bottom back side of plastic radiator casing, which are a perfect fit for the wiring harness. The foglight blanks on the 15 sedan just pop right out, and the foglights themselves pop right back in.The most time consuming part was running the wiring into the interior. I'm guessing the Note is a bit different. I know your blanks are molded in, and dont just pop right out.

· Registered
122 Posts
Also, The S doesnt have preexisting wiring for foglights, which means I spend no time trying to access the factory wiring points. I just run my own wires the eatiest route.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
It appears there's a lot of misunderstanding on this tread. When I started it (as I mentioned in the title) I was referring to the Versa NOTE and more specifically the 2014 SV model.

Most of what was discussed in this tread refers to the NOTE (particularly the first several pages) and may not apply other Versa vehicles.

There are several ways to skin a cat. This is just one of them.:smile

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.