Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running OBX headers on their Versa? Like to get some feed back. Also if you're running it with a Cat-Back, which you probably should, how was the install? Did you do it yourself, did you need a Hi-Flow Cat Converter, pipe expandera, etc.? Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
mine is running no leaks, id recommend a hi flow cat if you do run the test pipe, other than that it bolt rights up..its tough reaching up to get em loose but i think it was worth it

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for feedback Major, looking forward to have mine installed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Do a little research, I believe older members had problems with the OBX header leaking or something. Can't quite remember the details....

·
Registered
440 Posts
NO!

OBX is GARBAGE. I had a header on my Honda years ago and within months the two flanges where the header meets warped so bad it cause a massive exhaust leak that triggered my CEL. In my, and MANY others experience OBX is junk. If you want an inexpensive quality brand go with Megan Racing (if they make stuff for Nissan).

·
Registered
321 Posts
I believe all MEgan Racing makes is springs and maybe, probably wrong, an strut front bar.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yep Megan Racing doesn't really make anything specific for Versas except the springs. I have a Megan muffler though :)

Im pretty sure OBX is the only brand that has out headers for us now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yup. The DC is still in production.............................

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts

There is the obx for the 1.8L - The material looks thin and cheap. Hopefully DC will pull through and make a GOOD header for this car. Problem is there isnt enough members who will purchase parts to trial and error them and report back to us with the results :)

I have come across some good ebay header(s) and bad ones. In the fwd sr community ssac (ebay) header is the best bang for your buck with only being $120shipped:big primarys and 2.5" secondary pipe.

mine is running no leaks, id recommend a hi flow cat if you do run the test pipe, other than that it bolt rights up..its tough reaching up to get em loose but i think it was worth it
Did you notice any gains from the butt dyno? Any side by side pictures of the oem manifold compared the obx?

·
Registered
656 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.