Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm moving to an area of town less than a mile from my wife's work and I plan on getting rid of my 09 Versa S hatchback with 6 speed manual. I owe $7,800 on it, I'm the original owner, it has 22,600 miles on it, and the only issue is a small bit of paint that was chipped off when someone bumped the rear bumper cover that I hope to get an aftermarket protector to hide it. If not I will bite the bullet and replace the entire cover if I cannot get it repaired to factory condition (I'm just picky about stupid things). Other than that small issue it's as clean as a new one, still smells like a brand new car due to parking in a garage at home and one at work.

I see that the KBB trade in values are from $9,483 for Excellent or $9,283 for Very Good (once the current bumper chip is taken care of it will be one of these conditions) Where I owe $7,800 think a place like CarMax will offer in this ballpark? I can't take a ridiculous offer of $6,000 or less when I see the same car on their lots across the nation going for $10,000+. I know they don't haggle, so they would make close to $2000+ off the car if it sells for that price.

Do normal car dealers just buy cars from people without buying one of theirs? I know that I can get more if I try to sell on my own, but I really want the easiest way out, I know that I am basically giving away $ if I take $7,800 but really need to be down to one car to save on car payments/insurance especially because it will just sit because my wife will easily walk to work most days.

I have sold cars in the past, but never one with a lien. I know it can be done, but don't know if it's worth the hassle of dealing with my credit union that is 1,300 miles away by phone and having things over-nighted back and forth, and then having to meet with morons that will try to low ball me. If any of you have attempted to sell anything, let alone a car, on Craigslist or the various car selling sites you know the idiots I am talking about. I don't want to waste my time with people that never intended to buy the car in the first place, just bad experiences trying to sell a older Honda in awesome shape a few years ago and ghetto trash wanting to take it for a test drive ALONE and then getting hostile when I tell them I MUST ride along, or people trying to offer me $300 and giving me a poor pitiful me sob story about how this car will change their life when I am asking $3,500 when it booked for almost $5,500. I just don't want to really waste my time with this route, but if it's a $8,500-$9500 car rather than a $3,500 it may be a different crowd of people.

Are there 3rd parties that sell cars and make a bit of commission? Like leaving it on a used car lot and whatever it sells for (I would want $8500 at the least if I am doing this) they get a % cut or if they can sell it for more than what I am asking they take the rest?

Sorry for the long winded mail, I just want to get rid of this car the easiest way possible without getting hosed. I see no reason I can't get $8,000 to $9,000 out of this car. Oh, does the 100,000 mile extended warranty transfer to the new owners?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Here kijiji is the more popular one to use, I don't know if it is as popular there, or if you even have it, but I have had alot of success selling things on Kijiji. There are a few people that stand you up here and there and almost everyone will try and lowball, so I always ask more than I am hoping to get so in the end hopefully I will get a decent amount. Like when I sold my civic on there, it had damage from a collision with a snowbank so I knew it wasn't going to bring much money, and it was pretty high mileage, so I decided I would be happy with $2000, so I put it on there for like $2750. Ended up getting the $2000 I was hoping for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.