Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I did some shopping today. Landed the deal of deals!

17" SE-R rims with 215/45ZR17 BFG g-Force tires, for $400! They all got curb rash and scuffs but I'm gonna get them powder coated. Dunno whether to do gloss white or matte bronze.

Then I upgraded to a new 12" Audiobahn sub and bandpass box for $40. Hits hard and smooth.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I say go bronze o the rims.

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats a good price for the white. Kinda of steep for the bronze. Thats why i decided to do them myself probably will come out sloppy but ill try if not i can always pay some one to fix my mistakes.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a good price for the white. Kinda of steep for the bronze. Thats why i decided to do them myself probably will come out sloppy but ill try if not i can always pay some one to fix my mistakes.
I spray canned my rims for my civic too, I used the Duplicolor 3 Step kit, primer, base, and clear.

Paint stripped them and wire brushed the curb rash.

Then 2 coats of black primer, 3 coats of bronze base, and 2 coats of clear.

Final product

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Bronze turned out great! Again again! Try another shade just to be different

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks! Spec-V rims and 12" Audiobahn sub are hard to come by.
I know that's right. Been looking for SE-R rims locally here and nothing. Subs look nice too, hope theysound as good as thry look.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'm inspired now to paint my SL rims before taking snows off! I think maybe lighter bronze or gold to contrast MagGrey. If I paint them too dark, they'll look like they don't quite match the grey. But I do like the blacks too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know that's right. Been looking for SE-R rims locally here and nothing. Subs look nice too, hope theysound as good as thry look.
this is not a great deal but its an alternative

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62404-17-NISSAN-SENTRA-02-03-FACTORY-OE-WHEEL-RIM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adf2dc5adQQitemZ390291375533QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

^^^ Sounds good. I've been thinking about painting mine as well...I'm thinking about matte black, like Promiseland did with his SE-R alloys.
I think your car will look great with the sl alloys black

1 - 20 of 82 Posts