Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic says they use Duralast brande brake pads from AutoZone. I checked the AutoZone website and it had 1 bad review, are these actually bad or good? I'm new to driving and cars in general so not sure, so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My mechanic says they use Duralast brande brake pads from AutoZone. I checked the AutoZone website and it had 1 bad review, are these actually bad or good? I'm new to driving and cars in general so not sure, so thanks in advance.
Drivers come in all shapes and sizes, and so do brake pads. It depends on you driving habits, and the vehicles usage. I have had no personal experience with Duralast brake pads, so I cannot talk from experience. From what I have read on the internet, they seem to be no better or worse than the other brands of brake pads. Not knowing the year, model and mileage of your vehicle it makes it difficult for other posters to render an opinion. If you have concerns about choosing the proper brake pads, you might consider having the dealership do the job, or find out if your mechanic would install OEM pads if you provide them. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Brake Pad Comparisons - OEM Brake Pads versus Aftermarket Brake Pads

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Autozone seldom has what I want so i end up going to advance auto across the street. Advance auto has their replacement parts divided into categories like good, better, best. In that there is a big difference between good and best like semi metallic vs ceramic. Basically the cheap pads were out vs your rotor and the best part wears out the rotors vs the pads.

Now Napa is another story. Most of their parts are better quality and they sell basic to complete brake kits for servicing your car.

If you just wore your pads out, you just need new pads. If the brake pedal vibrates they need to turn if not replace the rotors and be more careful torquing your wheels so it distributes the effort evenly.

If you want sharper brakes you want to look at the ceramic pads and cross drilled or slotted rotors. This is great for repeated hard braking without the fading where the brakes seem to work less and less.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my experience as a tech for 12 years all brands aftermarket pads have a tendancy to squeal once they break in. Oem pads don't do this. The aftermarket pads are usually harder than oem so they last a long time but your rotor pays the price. If you put new rotors on you should be ok

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would personally stay away from them. They do not last long, and are very hard on rotors. I have averaged about 20-25k miles on their pads in normal stop and go driving. I can go 35 to 40 on a quality pad.
Go with a premium pad. yes, they cost more, but wear better and not as hard on rotors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Keith Wagner
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing