Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
2007-2012 hatchbacks are the same. The sedan was redesigned for 2012 so not sure if suspension/performance parts are the same because it has a 1.6.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I think the 1.8 have 122hp not that it makes a huge difference. anyone correct me if Im wrong but the 1.6 is a hr16de and the 1.8 is the mr18de I belive is the codes lol i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm sure if you ask a dealer or used car place if they can find a standard one for you they can. Mine is a stick but I bought it new, the dealer was able to bring one in.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to find a standard one, I too bought mine new and they had it at the dealer when I went to see. Usually they keep a few in stock. Which one you plan on getting? HB or Sedan, usually the Sedan only comes standard on the HR16. All other models are CVT for the exception of the base model for the HB which is an MR18.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
if i were you id get the 1.8 just cause its easyer to swap the 2.0 into it lol :) but you said you were looking more to the hatch right so that comes only with the 1.8

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
if you want gas savings then go 1.6. If you want to make it a little quicker go 1.8. If you want a hatchback your only option is 1.8 and in that case I would wait until the next generation one comes out. Even if it's a dud they will seriously discount the price of the exiting model.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i want the hatchback one and im pretty sure its gonna still get way better gas milage then my spec does lol and what 2.0 are you talking about to swap in? the SR20? im intrigued now on this whole swap haha but my job is only 40 mins away from my house and when i get the other job im on the waiting list for itll only be like 15mins away so super good gas mileage isnt drastically needed

and also i see what your saying robj80 and its a good point but i want to get another car soon to keep the mileage down on the spec cz im getting close to 100k

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
the mr20 swap a few have done it on here and all seem to love it I plan on doing it once my mr18 goes or im way out of warranty

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
the sentra I belive

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
07+ Sentra 2.0S to be exact. From what I've heard it's pretty much a str8 up swap. Nothing extra needed. Everything is transferable from the MR18 to MR20. Not a bad choice if you wanna add about 20 hp to your versa without the need of turbo, and much cheaper too lol.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The 2.0 is the same series as the 1.8 (MR) whereas the 2.5 is a QR. There is a user on here that is an actual Nissan tech who swapped the MR20DE into his 1.8 Versa and he says it is a straight swap, everything goes back together and fits exactly the same.

If you get into a different series engine you will have to change ecu's and maybe transmissions too.

A quick look on eBay and I found at least 6 MR20DE's out of wrecked sentras for around $600. I plan on doing the swap once I'm out of comprehensive warranty, because not only does the MR20DE get better gas mileage, but its slightly less slow.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts