Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm second guessing my decision on getting a versa after a bad dealership experience.
(See: Not even an owner yet = Post #34)

Are you completely happy on choosing a Versa over a comparable vehicle? Are you happy with the customer service (even after they get your money), the repairs, the warranty, etc?

I really DO want a Versa. But the dealership I went to were complete "buttholes" unlike Honda, Ford, Kia, and Toyota dealerships, even before getting my money. Hell, Nissan was the only dealership I went into stating that I'm looking for "X" car. So they knew they were getting my money, yet they were still very unhelpful and uninformed about the Versa.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
So Far I'm satisfied with my purchase, dealer got me the best possible deal and work with me to get what I wanted. I'm not defending Nissan but don't let one bad experience with one butthole dealer discourage you from getting the car you want. Not all dealers are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I have one nissan dealer by me and they are total a$$holes. I have another where I bought 2 cars from and they are OK. Every dealer is different and I would find a different nissan dealer if you really want a Versa.

Now as far as happy I chose a Versa. I am 100% happy with what I got so far. I bought it new in 09 and currently have 59k miles on it. But take note that I have a 1.6 and it only cost me about $11k new. If I was paying $13-$15k or even more for a car it surely would not have been a Versa. Since I drive alot I wanted the lowest cost of ownership vehicle I could get. Which is the 1.6 Versa.

Now you may want to hold off a little bit as new cars are coming out or just released and look promising. Some examples are the hyundai Elantra, Kia Rio, Mazda 2, Ford Fiesta, a redisigned Versa etc..

With the new styling of the elantra, their warranty, and latest track record it would be on the top of my list.

edit: Just reread and think I should clarify. I wasn't stating the 1.8 or hatch was bad. I was aware of it not getting as good gas mileage as other cars for the money. I also liked the FIT better for the money but this particular car purchase was for basic transportation and nothing else.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I'm happy with mine; Dealer located the car with the colour and options I wanted. And no major issues so I'm pretty happy with it. It's my first car so it was an exciting purchase and only two years left of payments :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have no regrets on getting the versa the car turned out to be everything i wanted and needed(for the price) Customer service at my dealer has been good had two issues they where able to get resolved no questions asked. But customer service is not something that all dealers have if you dont like the customer service and you really really really want a versa then your only option is to go to another dealer

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
if I had to do it all over again, I would do it exactly the same, but I would get a brand new versa and not used. Even when I had factory warranty left, I was not able to find any reason to take it in for warranty work to be done.

it is reliable, it looks decent, good MPG, if I had to do it all over again, I would get a brand new versa. I go to Twin City Nissan on Alcoa highway, close to knoxville, TN and their service is really good.
so both, the car is good, and the service is good. now that I'm out of warranty, I do not go to the dealer, only for the antifreeze flush because they use the machine that gets rid of air pockets that was 129.00+ tax
every 30,000 miles.

the close one is the honda Fit, the fit looks great but it is more expensive but it doesn't not have the room like the Versa.

so decent, reliable, and good price. Go to a different dealer if you want a Versa, do not go back to that dealer because they did you wrong the very first time.

I would love to get a brand new versa, but I would kill warranty very quick with the long drivesand will have a higher monthly payment for the same MPG that I'm currently getting

·
Registered
259 Posts
It is the best value you'll get for your money. If I was to do it again I would get another versa but I probably would of picked white and gotten the sports package. Regardless of colour I'm quite happy with what it offers.
- Great on gas
- Versatile
- Comfortable
I didn't like my dealership either. I feel they had ripped me off

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I love my Versa. It's been great since I brought it home the 1st night. It's a bit slow pulling off but I'm not worried about speed(atleast not right now). It was involved in a wreck in october(2010) and took it pretty good. 1st Nissan and I love it!

Customer service at the dealership hasn't been the greatest but I don't go up there unless she's due for service(so far it's been just oil changes) so I can deal with that.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very happy with my V.
I can't relate to Nissan or other new dealership experiences cuz i buy used. New car prices in Canada...don't get me started! To me, all the US out-the-door prices seem so cheap. No wonder so many buy new there! To compare, check nissan.ca honda.ca toyota.ca etc rantrantrant:(
But i love how roomy, reliable, and economical my V is. Between 79000 and 114000km, it's only been to mechanic for warranty oil changes, winter tires and rims, and oil spray.
All smiles here:D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I remember when I went to the dealer where I bought my versa, they were trying to put me in a 2004 VW Jetta. I was like yeah, I like the car I like the deal but I would like to go check other dealers, the sales manager told me 99% of people who walk out the door they never come back. I said really? He said yes. We want your business and whatever you want we will try to work it out to get you the best deal and the car you want but if you walk out the door, I think you’re not coming back because you don’t seem to really like this car. I said HAHAHA I will come back I just want to see what other deals I can get, so I was like, OK, to show that I’m interested in this Jetta, I will give you 100.00 dollars to hold the deal and come back Monday morning. Like a deposit, and that’s just to show that I will come back, but if I find a better deal somewhere else, when I get back I better get my 100.00 dollars back!! The sales manager said, Okay deal. Then the sales man drove me to an ATM and I got the 100.00 dollars, then we went to the sells manager and I signed the agreement to hold the car, hold the deal, and gave me a copy of the deal with the car, mileage, and price and monthly payments. So I just wanted to see if other dealers were able to beat that deal. Then I signed the agreement , and gave him the 100.00 dollars. Did go to other dealers but didn’t find what I wanted, so I said I better not rush it and just get my 100.00 dollars back.
When I pulled in Monday morning at that dealer, I saw the Jetta and I saw the salesman, I said, hey how are you? He said, I want to show you a different car. I said really? lets check it out then…. I was walking and then he said it’s a Nissan versa, I said really? probably a sedan…[me just like the hatchback better no big deal] I was thinking to my head, then I looked up and saw the blue hatch back, the last one we have used they sell quick and it still has factory warranty but it’s a 6 speed.
Drove it, and it felt like a new car to me, everything was so smooth. And I had a smile from ear to ear lol

Anyway, next time, you might need to put some money down to hold the deal. Why? money talks!!! So show me the money =) [to the dealer]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my Versa in 2007 and I still love it. i just bought a Nissan Juke in November, which I'm still waiting for, so I'll be switching back and forth between the two cars until my son learns to drive and then my precious Versa will probably be destroyed by him. My only negative comment is that with the sport package, the front end is so low that if I park too close to a curb, it totally destroys the paint job. I learned that the hard way! Also, speed bumps have to be taken very slowly or else I hear a loud scrape!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have been completly happy with the versa the only thing i dont like is the paint its way to soft and scratches to easy, I love the dealer I have they are so helpfull and always seem to want to make everything right by me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am happy with my purchase but did not like the dealership I used. They did not give me any other options than the basic package or any other colors, they scratched the bumper when cleaning it and tried to hide it from me, and just we're shady. If I didn't need a car so bad I would have walked, but im done dealing with them now so I am very happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
68 Posts
So far I am loving it, I bought it used as well (see post above by the guy ranting about new car prices in canada) either way $7500 for a 2007 with 43,000 Miles /70,000 KM) is a pretty great deal in my opinion.

I am still getting use to the clutch/shifter, the shifter seems really notchy and I'm not use to it, but I am learning to drive it well and am happy with it.

I'd say that some dealers are dicks and some are really nice so it all comes down to experience but so far I am happy!

·
Banned
455 Posts
Well I don't have a versa but my girl friend does....personally for the price she paid she should had gotten something nicer or atleast have power window! She paid 17k after everything....but with no credit and a fair credit co-signer what u gonna do. I like drving but they kinda slow for my taste! I love the size and I can put that car anywhere! It good on gas! But just lags on power! I owned a 08 sentra 2.0 some what a better car....more base option that versa didn't have base little bit more pick up and a lot better on gas! Both kinda handel the same but both a great car. The spec is nice too! I love driving it. Good power enough to have fun but not get in too much trouble good handling....suck it only take 93 octane though. Going from the spec to the versa just sucks balls....

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Well I don't have a versa but my girl friend does....personally for the price she paid she should had gotten something nicer or atleast have power window! She paid 17k after everything....but with no credit and a fair credit co-signer what u gonna do. I like drving but they kinda slow for my taste! I love the size and I can put that car anywhere! It good on gas! But just lags on power! I owned a 08 sentra 2.0 some what a better car....more base option that versa didn't have base little bit more pick up and a lot better on gas! Both kinda handel the same but both a great car. The spec is nice too! I love driving it. Good power enough to have fun but not get in too much trouble good handling....suck it only take 93 octane though. Going from the spec to the versa just sucks balls....
Wow 17k and no power windows? The 2011 models even the base come with power windows now and that car is less then $10k. You can get into a pretty nice car for $17k. But guess every situations different.

I'm going to add to this thread that I am extremely happy with my V purchase now that gas is $4.00 gallon and the weather warmed up. I'm getting 36mpg with not so easy driving. This car pays for itself with gas savings.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Hyundai elantra is good but the grille on that car is ugly. The rear look is great until you go to the front. I am pretty sure the elantra is more expensive. If I was paying 14g out the door, The V would probably have more to offer. If I paid 16g out the door, the elantra would be my pick. 18g and I would get a Subaru Imprezza. I would find something slightly used if I was paying 20g. 20g new would be a well priced mazda 3 or civic. Maybe a used: well priced Altima but never a sentra. 20g used will get you into maybe an accord or a camry. 22g might get you into a used infiniti g35 maybe. But I got the V back in 10-08 22g on the o. Paid 13,000 after eveything and it has the power group and mats. Vs come with air and cd player inc. Most other cars air and stereo is an option. At one time one could have bought a 6mt V HB for 11,900.00 new. HBs on some car models are an option. I would do it all over again, 'cept I bought the V cuz I thought I was moving to Fl. for work. Otherwise I would have kept my Outback o well.:woot:

·
Banned
455 Posts
Wow 17k and no power windows? The 2011 models even the base come with power windows now and that car is less then $10k. You can get into a pretty nice car for $17k. But guess every situations different.

I'm going to add to this thread that I am extremely happy with my V purchase now that gas is $4.00 gallon and the weather warmed up. I'm getting 36mpg with not so easy driving. This car pays for itself with gas savings.
yep...thats what i told her when she bought it. i think she said it would had ended up being 13k but she had a high apr plus factory in warrenties and crap and thats what it bumped her up to...she got it in 09 so the base didnt have ac or power...plus she wanted the hatch...

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
yep...thats what i told her when she bought it. i think she said it would had ended up being 13k but she had a high apr plus factory in warrenties and crap and thats what it bumped her up to...she got it in 09 so the base didnt have ac or power...plus she wanted the hatch...
She did pay a lot considering she doesn't have many features. Mine was more than that but I got everything, and 0.9%. I wish it was 0%, but they werent offering it at the time. My brother got the 0% deal a year later on the SE-R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.