Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good news! Not only does the regular versa and rogue stalks with fog switch fit, but I recently purchased a stalk from an Infiniti G35 2003-2006, and that works too. They look exactly like the ones we have now. Ebay is flooded with these stalks. I bought one with the auto feature, making that one of my next projects. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mine has a separate switch for the fogs. But it will only come on if the lights are on. So you cant have your lights off and your fogs on independently

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I stumbled upon something else as well. Took apart 3 turn stalks. 1 headlights. 2 headlights and fogs. 3. Headlights, fogs, and auto feature. 2 and 3 both had these wires inside of them. They seem to be for the fogs. So those of you who want to use after market fogs with the OEM stalk with fog, it's possible. Just cut the wire and wire it up to your after martket fogs.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So those of you who want to use after market fogs with the OEM stalk with fog, it's possible. Just cut the wire and wire it up to your after martket fogs.
That's a stellar discovery for people like me who want to maintain the OEM look.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Mine has a separate switch for the fogs. But it will only come on if the lights are on. So you cant have your lights off and your fogs on independently
Ugh, no fun. I want my fogs to be on independently. I'd like to have them on during the day, dont need the headlights on though.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I was thinking about that earlier, G35 is basically the same as 350z so the switch should work. Big brother owns a Z so I might be able to try his switch in my V but then again, I have a 1.6 Versa and it's not prewired for fogs so the switch might not work!

·
Registered
50 Posts
im lookin at some stuff on ebay and i have 1.8 and checked my and everything is there for hook up and the 350z switches look way cooler

350z turn signal swith /no fog switch

a kit on ebay for 120...i just need the housing and light and probably just sell the wiring harness on here or back on ebay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ugh, no fun. I want my fogs to be on independently. I'd like to have them on during the day, dont need the headlights on though.
I did this mod on my Spec-V. Get a hold of a factory service manual and look for the fog light relay, then cut the wire that only gives the fogs power if the headlights are on (mine was purple, probably different for you but it might be the same) and splice either a BATT or ACC (I chose ACC, usually red) wire to the fog relay. It took me about five minutes to do it

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
im lookin at some stuff on ebay and i have 1.8 and checked my and everything is there for hook up and the 350z switches look way cooler

350z turn signal swith /no fog switch

a kit on ebay for 120...i just need the housing and light and probably just sell the wiring harness on here or back on ebay.
Yeah I like that!! It looks like it would fit. As long as it has a fog light switch on the stalk. But I can't remember if 350z even had fogs??? So they may not work. Now I dont know for sure about the wire thing in the stalk. But it makes sense that it's only on the ones with the fog switch. And when the switch is turned, nothing moves inside the stalk, so it also makes sense that it must be the wire. If you have power windows and locks on your Versa, then you are already prewired for fogs. You just need the new stalk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts