Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea it was about 7:30 friday night, and at my work (Hubler Nissan), one of the used car detailers wanted me to change the oil in his trailblazer, so i said sure seeing that no more cars were comming in. Welll he has an Oil ring that seals the oil filter and i thought i put it in the new filter but in reality i put it back on the old one by mistake tightened the filter up and the drain plug, lowered the suv, and started pumping oil into the engine, then went to start it and noticed the oil and check engine light on so turned off looked around and then went to get another tech when i walked behind the SUV and noticed a nice oozing puddle of oil comming down the bay floor, and was like FU**. lol...
so theres my fun and my dumbass moment for the year.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yea it was about 7:30 friday night, and at my work (Hubler Nissan), one of the used car detailers wanted me to change the oil in his trailblazer, so i said sure seeing that no more cars were comming in. Welll he has an Oil ring that seals the oil filter and i thought i put it in the new filter but in reality i put it back on the old one by mistake tightened the filter up and the drain plug, lowered the suv, and started pumping oil into the engine, then went to start it and noticed the oil and check engine light on so turned off looked around and then went to get another tech when i walked behind the SUV and noticed a nice oozing puddle of oil comming down the bay floor, and was like FU**. lol...
so theres my fun and my dumbass moment for the year.
so is the engine done?

You reuse those oil rings? What kind of stupid setup is that? All cars I've had the rubber seal is just on the filter.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the engine was fine luckily, what it was was the parts department gave me the wrong oil filter but the correct oil ring, soooooo there was a gap around the top that was probably a few milimeters big, but big enough to let alot of oil come out.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I can not for the life of me picture in my head what your talking about.

Are you talking about the rubber ring shown in this pic that comes on every oil filter or is the trailblazer set up different.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no its not the seal that all oil filters have like whats pictured above, he has a larger oil pan because of some after market well its not aftermarket products its just the biger more expensive trailblazer model, and it has a rubber piece that covers around the top of the standard oil filter seal, it sits on top of it and llooks literally like whats on every oil filter, but a larger width and diameter, its jsut there to "ensure the seal" but without it oil leaks like crazy appearently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.