Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is leaving for California tomorrow for work. He is landing at LAX and then driving to Anaheim (I think). He said he is staying kind of close to Disneyland, as I guess the work place is close to there.

What I want to know is where (close to him) can he buy me a bottle of HK wine? If he is still there the first week of July, and I'm off work, I might fly out to visit; but in case I don't he has to buy me a bottle :D

Thanks for the help :)

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
i tried to locate a bottle for you, but my sources tell me that you can only get them from Sanrio Italy, youre coming to Anaheim? let me know if you do come out, we can have a meet, and you can meet some of the Socal crew

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad is going to Anaheim. When I googled HK Wine it shows it's available in California, and it lists places but does not give locations.

I told my dad that you guys have it, so hopefully he goes on a wild goose hunt for it :)

If I do go there I'll let you know. I won't have a car as I'll fly out there, and if I go it would be the first week of July. I'm off on holidays that week right now, but I have it off in case I get a specific job for that week. If not, I'm heading down to Cali :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely keep you posted. And if you find some place that has the HK wine, just let me know. I'll email my dad and tell him where to go! LOL! :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the address. I'm going to print out the info for him. He is bringing his GPS in case his rental does not have it. Any idea how far this is from him?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, that doesn't sound too far. He said he was staying close to Disneyland. I'm not sure what he means by 'close' but I'm sure if he has some time to spare he will do some driving to see Cali.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dad's in California now. He arrived there on Thursday (around 1:30am our time).

He just told me he's got a Mazda 5 rental, with 6000 miles on the odometer. He said he likes it since it's like a minivan with the rear sliding doors.

I'm really hoping I can fly out there :D :woot:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked to my dad today. He went to a liquor/wine store (not sure what you call them in the US) and he asked them about the HK wine and they said they didn't have it.
I told him that he needs to GPS the address I gave him (that tkowreckless gave me). I have to email it to him, because he can't find the printout I sent him with. LOL! Hopefully he finds me a bottle. And he mentioned something about finding a HUGE mall that had a train running through it. What is the mall called? I really hope I can make a trip out there. Although I think our weather has been hotter over here lately then over there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
not sure what mall that is. but does your dad watch sports? if so tell him to go to the ESPN bar in downtown disney. this place is sports heaven :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
H does watch sports. And Downtown Disney? I love that place.

Only problem is that he is there working 7 days a week, 10 hour shifts. So he doesn't have much free time.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya it does!

I'm sure if my mom and I went to visit, he would ask for at least one day off so we could go out together. But that's why he was sent there, it's to work ... ! On Sunday, only him and the other guy that went with him were working in the plant. Everyone else was off.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is my last week of work. Starting next week I have two weeks off.

If the original plans for those two weeks do not go through, and my dad is still down in Cali, I could be there next week :D
:jumping: Maybe I can rent a Versa while I'm down there ;)
Because I'm under 25, would I have to pay extra to rent the car? I've never rented a car before ....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts