Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's quite strange thing to post on this versa forum but i have no where to turn to..since im a member of this club i'm gonna taking this eligibility to do this. hope you understand. it just happened that I have an Audi A4 (2003.only then, it had a problem while i was driving. Suddenly the brake pedal became very hard to press. what an annoying issue. any body has the idea about this. it's a dangerous and life threatening problem that needs to be fixed...Just tell me when i need to look for Audi parts and replace the old one... thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I'm guessing that prolly has power assist brakes it should, sounds like something in that failed cause if you turn off power in my versa the brakes get very hard to push and almost can't stop I would have it checked very soon and would not drive it till its fixed. Also check and see if there are any blown fuses.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You may want to get a scanner or Vag-Com cable. You can not do hardly anything to that car with out one. Ross-Tech: Home

You are not giving enough information also. Is there any ABS or Brake light on? Have you checked the fluid? You notice any leaks? Have you looked for Cracked Vacuum lines going to your brake booster? Is the car running fine other than you have no brakes?

There are several things I would check.
1... fluid
2...inspect all lines and look for something cracked,unhooked, etc
3...pull codes. You can go to AutoZone, Advance Auto, wherever for free

One VERY common issue is the ABS module on those year Audi's. If indeed it is the module, do not let the dealer or regular garage to do it! Typically just the module goes bad. You can not buy just the module, instead they will sell you the module and ABS pump as one unit. You will be stuck with a 2000-2500 bill. AND it will fail again in a few years. (is a bad design for the module) Instead go here... pay 300.00 get yours fixed forever and do-it-yourself. Takes a few hours with basic tools. There is even a nice DIY manual here also.
ModuleMaster | Services | ABS Modules

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. inspected all the lines and replace the fluid.. great thing....issue fixed....!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts