Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster,

just purchased a 2012 versa sedan. My first Nissan. I see a cable with a plug for the car on one end and I guess an IPOD connector on the other.

First question: What is the recommended IPOD for this connector? I have never owned an IPOD.

Second: I really don't desire to own an IPOD. Is there an alternative device I can use like the sandisk?

Third: Is it possible to just plug in a memory stick (usb) and if so how?

Last question: If I burn a CD with MP3 on it will the player see them and play them?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Usb stick might work, and its easy enough to just put some music on a drive and find out. And it should work with any ipod. Not sure about the cd question. Someone with a 2012 will have to chime in here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As far as the CD's go, with my V burned CD's were hit and miss. Some work and some don't, I'm not sure why that is though. I would say it would be worth a shot to try and burn some.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No way to do the usb if you dont have the navigation system. You can burn cds. I have done so myself with CD+Rs. Wish it had a usb port. Since it did not, I ordered an ipod nano. It is the cheapest ipod you can get that had the 30 pin apple docking port.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Aftermarket is where you wanna go.

I had the same problem with my stock stereo.
I am a tech nut and have to be able to use Ipod, Iphone, USB, HDD, and anything else! I bought a Pioneer Double Din AVH Setup. I suggest a AvH-P2400 or higher. I will add pics of my setup.

As far as the stock setup goes, when I had mine the CD-R's were hit and miss with me too ... even with the same encoding and on the same media stack! There's no way I can explain this. Anyways, go aftermarket. Or Add the Nav Package Stereo I've seen them as low as $350 and as high as $1,243 at the dealership. lol :biggrinjester:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.