Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

this is sad guys... =(

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to victims of the Colorado theater shooting/massacre...
:nonod:

Execute the lunatic!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Here's the pictures of the victims, sad to hear their lives were shattered by an evil person.

Theater shooting victims' lives remembered | 9news.com
So sad :(

Jessica Ghawi's boyfriend lives in Toronto, and they were together at the Eaton Centre in the food court when the shooting happened recently. Only hours before her going to the movie and being murdered she told her boyfriend that she would not move to Toronto because of the gun violence there... :(

Here is my question... and take it with a grain of salt as I mean no offence and my knowledge of American gun laws is weak at best, and I know it can vary greatly from state to state, but here goes... statistics show that 4 out of 10 american households have at least one registered firearm. I have read alot of forums and from them it sounds like there are a decent amount of people that actually carry daily, legitimately even. How was there not SOMEONE in that theater that wasn't carrying and could have neutralized the attack?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
the theater is no carry allowed all the ones around here are all gun free zones goes to show gun control works smh (not trying to be insensitive at all I feel bad for the familys) this is why I carry my 45 with me everyday every where I go I own 3 but only ever carry the 45. when I carry I carry a spare mag on my belt and one mag in and a round in the chamber I hope to NEVER use it but I will have it should I need it. had there been people carrying in there he wouldnt have got so many (imo).

and BluV3R18 great job stopping to help not many would do that Im sure it made her day that someone cared enough to stop and help

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Just curious... if the theater is a gun free zone, how do they ensure that noone is carrying? My initial guess was metal detectors but if that were the case, how did the jackass get his weapons in there? I see at least one of the victims was a serviceman (RESPECT), would he probably not be strapped? It just seems odd to me... almost made me wonder if someone in there did have a weapon but were too busy hiding to man up and use it...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I dont know how they do it there but here we have police just inside the door but he didnt carry in he went in to the movie made it look like he had a call and went out a door by the screen propped the door and went to his car to get the guns and you know what happened from there

·
Registered
261 Posts
Everyone should carry a firearm, and ban bulletproof vests. So everyone is afraid of everyone. Just sayin....not sure if this incident could've been prevented, but if I was in that theater, I'd try to incapacitate him.

·
Registered
993 Posts
It probably could of been avoided by ppl not inflicting psychological damage onto others, this is what happen when ppl are victims of any abuse the mind lashes back. It's something that bothered me seeing bullies pick on ppl, why I made habits of picking fights with bullies. I'm not sayin this one case is all ppl around him he obviously has some mental instability, but the less of an asshole you are the better place the world will be.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
No matter what kind of precautions one takes things like this will never stop happening. It's just in human nature to be destructive and sadistic towards one another. It has been for centuries and it will still be for centuries to come. The mind works in mysterious ways, and we will never fully understand it. God only knows what this guy's state of mind was. It was horrific and very wrong what this guy did but this is the world we live in today(not trying to be insensitive). My heart goes out to all the victims, and victim's families.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thats a real stand up move on his part. It says in the article that he asked the hospital staff not to notify the media, so it doesn't look like it was just something for attention. Good for him!

·
Registered
35 Posts
He threw tear gas, and if any of you were ever in the military, that crap screws u up! You are blinded and snot is coming out of your nose and mouth, which complicates breathnig, no one was able to stop him even if they wanted to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts