Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI only:

If you have been considering buying a code reader I can recommend the inexpensive AUTEL MaxiLink ML329 (grey color). You can pick one up for approx $30-$35 on eBay etc

Read & delete codes
"Live Data" capabilities to for example monitor cataylic converter upstream and downstream O2 sensors (real time) Plus many other functions.

I like the one buttom I/M readiness button to be sure your vehicle is ready for official "plug in testing". You can actually plug it in while driving and when the car is ready for inspection a green light comes on.

Neat little scanner for the money. I even keep an extra one in my glove compartment to help other drivers or if looking at used cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is cool if you can see some live data at that price. I've got a cheap generic one I got off fleabay or amazon years ago that I keep in my glove box. It wont do live data as far as I know.

I'm telling you for the price and features they are great with full live data etc, both of my son's have them also. Do a Youtube search and check out the demos. That one button I/M test is great if you are trying to determine when your car is ready for plug-in inspection (before that drive cycle triggers the final MIL).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is more info but this may help:

Autel ML329 OBD2 Scanner Advanced Version of AL319 Code Reader AutoVin Function Engine Fault CAN Scan Tool with Patented One-Click I/M

After checking out the Autels..for about $30 more I might pick up either the ML529 or ML629 to check automatic transmission, air bags, seat belt, ABS, component tests etc...then for another $30 you can pick up even better scanners! Need to stop looking:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts