Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was at work by myself when my car locked itself. I was about 35 feet away and had been out of the car maybe 20 minutes. I didnt press the button on the fob, it was in my work truck already sitting on the dash. This is not the 1st time this has happened, but I've never heard it mentioned before on here or other forums. I wondered I'd I missed a feature, misunderstood a feature, did something unintentionally or what. Up to now I haven't been able to recreate it at my will, only happens maybe once every 2 weeks.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
This is a feature on the Versa. You might be able to change it. I personally like it because I know if I forget to lock her that it will do so on its own. Kind of a pain when I'm washing my car and it locks itself after a few minutes, but its okay w/ me ... :)
Oh and it is not supposed to ever lock with the key inside. So now when I was my car I leave the keys on the seat and it stays unlocked the whole time :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if i unlock my car and don't open the doors the car will auto lock itself in like 2 minutes. but ive never had an experience 20 minutes later then locking. i leave my car unlocked in the garage and its still unlocked in the morning.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
so you leave your car unlocked all night and it doesn't lock itself? or do you have the auto locking feature?
if i don't lock my car when i park at night, its locked in the morning. i too park it in the garage :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
hmm. do you have an SL or S model? maybe it is only for specific models, or maybe yours was disabled? i have an SL ... i personally like the feature, not that i ever forget to lock my car, but it feels good knowing it will lock itself in case i forget.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have an SL, only when i unlock the car and don't open the doors, it locks in 2 minutes or so. if i unlock it and open a door and close it, it won't auto lock.

·
Registered
425 Posts
door auto lock from factory when you go more than 15 mph and unlock when you turn off the car, you can also set it up when you put it in park it will unlock the doors and lock when you take it out of park :) 2009 model only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
all this talk of autolocking has made me sad. I have the 1.6 so that means no auto locks what so ever. Hell I only have one key hole, not even one on the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Sent you a PM as to not clutter up this thread with OT content.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I only have one keyhole as well. My car will also auto lock after an amount of time. It's kind of a pain when I'm sitting in the car waiting for something, it locks and then I go to get out and the alarm goes off. But I do like that if I get out of the car and forget to lock it that it will do so on its own.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Blue Mango:
My car autolocks only if my keys are not in the car and I have left the car sitting for a few minutes, then it will lock itself. However, if I leave my keys in the car and walk away, it will never lock itself.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.