• CVT

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Manual

Votes: 21 40.4%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unfortunately just a regular automatic :( . It may not be as good on MPG as the CVT but it's still great :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had the auto as well. The cvt is amazing tranny. After owning one for 1 year, I can't see going back to an auto. Its so quite, refined, and it just goes! No hesitation, no gear hunting. Its just amazing. I love I! I'm cvt for life!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I love the smoothness of the CVT too but unless you drive like a 90 year old granny the mileage sucks. I still love my car though; finding out I drive a bit too aggressively lol; as my mileage is decreasing !!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Unless I lose a limb, manual all the way for me!
But I was thankful at one time for my auto Cavalier when i broke my arm lol:D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
6sp and loving it =)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
sadly I have an auto in the V :( but I do have a manual in the 200sx :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Auto here...
I would of liked to have the CVT but out of my price range for the time.
I can't stand stick. I can drive it no issue with that. It just isn't for me. More power to you for those who do.

I like my car being auto, and it has enough pep to keep me from getting into trouble, LOL!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i've got the CVT, and same thing in regards to the MPGs. if my daily commute were more flat, i'd probably make up another 1-2MPG on average easily. as it is, i try to keep my RPMs below 3k as much as humanly possible.

i'm done with MT, it's just too much tap dancing for me when i'm stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Auto here...
I would of liked to have the CVT but out of my price range for the time.
I can't stand stick. I can drive it no issue with that. It just isn't for me. More power to you for those who do.

I like my car being auto, and it has enough pep to keep me from getting into trouble, LOL!
LOL I had an older (97 corolla) 1.6l in highschool, and I managed to get into enough trouble with that... as in could have been jailtime speeding ticket. So I'm sure you can manage it with your versa :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have driven manual-shift cars all my life but one of the reasons I bought the Tiida is because I could get a nice one with amenities for a reasonable sum of money, and with an automatic, now that my left knee does not like clutch pedals anymore.

I miss a good manual, though, and the CVT has, or had, a very limited availability here south of the border.

BTW, something I learned not long ago while on my way to looking up something else, our 4 sp automatics ("step" transmissions) and CVTs are built by Jatco, a Japanese transmission company which is a subsidiary of Nissan.

Jatco has two large plants in North America, both of which make only CVTs; one in Aguascalientes, Mexico and the other one near Fowlerville, Michigan, USA.

Cheers

·
Registered
208 Posts
LOL I had an older (97 corolla) 1.6l in highschool, and I managed to get into enough trouble with that... as in could have been jailtime speeding ticket. So I'm sure you can manage it with your versa :p
I will be able to stay out of trouble, except for the highways, no cruise. It's hard to stay the speed limit. That will be down the road, adding cruse.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd like to see what the 2013 Versa Hatch will be like, I've seen a few 2013 Tillda Hatch commercials (A few from here) and it seems the V will get a sporty trim with the Jukes Engine and a CVT with manual mode. I love the manual modes of CVT's :) my buddy let me drive his Altima and it was pretty fun to drive. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.