Nissan Versa Forums banner

Autostart

29K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Versa15 
#1 ·
Anyone in here install autostart in their V? I'm wondering how it will work with special key these cars have, like pressing the button on the door handle to unlock and the keyless start. Anybody that has info on it or just has it installed tell me. Thanks

#2 ·
I have a remote start in my versa. It works well. There is a thing called an Immobilizer Bypass Module. They go by different immbolizer numbers for different makes. For nissan the number is "XpressKit XK07". So you need a remote start system and an immbolizer bypass module. You have to take the module to a remote start professional, and they will download all the features that ur car has, into this module, so it will start like it should. I have a Versa S model with power package. So I have keyless entry, and tradtional key insert. But it works both ways. When I got mine programmed, the guy was asking me all kinds of questions, like, do I have push button start?, buttons on the outside?, etc. I got my module on ebay for $30. I hope this is what you meant by auto start.

Heres what the XK07 looks like.... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13990_XpressKit+XK07.html

Heres my youtube video of it starting..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMP0tJPcKk

#3 ·
I have a remote start in my versa. It works well. There is a thing called an Immobilizer Bypass Module. They go by different immbolizer numbers for different makes. For nissan the number is "XpressKit XK07". So you need a remote start system and an immbolizer bypass module. You have to take the module to a remote start professional, and they will download all the features that ur car has, into this module, so it will start like it should. I have a Versa S model with power package. So I have keyless entry, and tradtional key insert. But it works both ways. When I got mine programmed, the guy was asking me all kinds of questions, like, do I have push button start?, buttons on the outside?, etc. I got my module on ebay for $30. I hope this is what you meant by auto start.

Heres what the XK07 looks like.... XpressKit XK07 Xpress Kit Allows remote start in 2003-up Nissan

Heres my youtube video of it starting..... Nissan Versa Remote start - YouTube
so would this work with on a non keyless entry model with no power locks?

#7 ·
Any remote starter you will buy, and i mean any brand, will need a bypass module in order to bypass the transponder that's in your key. Some modules will do only the bypass and others will do the bypass and control the door locks, trunk, and a lot more stuff.
What you need is only the bypass module 'cause you have no power package in your car.
So any remote starter AND a bypass module.
Autostart remote starters are a bit easier to install than the Viper (I do have a Viper in my car).
THe XK07 has been discontinued for a while. Best bet would be to look at these website for the Bypass modules and remote starters.
Just have to enter make/model and year to find the right module.

Idatalink: iDatalink - Front Page
Xpresskit: XpressKit.com - Interfacing the Past, Present and Future.
Viper: Viper - Car Alarms | Remote Starters | SmartStart | Window Tint | Window Film | Vehicle Security | Keyless Entry | Interface Modules | Accessories | Transmitters | Remote Start | Find Your Next Car Alarm or Remote Starter
Autostart: Autostart

If you've never done installations in car, i would suggest that you have the job done by a professionnal installer, not that it can't be done if you really take your time, but it has to be done the right way.

#8 ·
Future Shop or best buy will sell you the remote starter for around 150$ installed plus the bypass module for 90$ installed.

#12 ·
wait does it have a key with a chip I was told by the dealer that mine doesn't (09 versa s)

#16 ·
Really, apparently the nissan service guy don't know about there cars wait this ain't the first time that has happened lol.

#17 ·
They are all standard with the imbolizer, but only the SL's have a security system standard. And yes they have been wrong with me too, lol!

#19 ·
What is the security system on the SL's?
I forgot to include USA models, lol. All it does is when any door, hood, or trunk is forced open, the lights and horn are pulsed for 1 min. I also heard it disables the starter, but I do not know for sure.

#20 ·
I forgot to include USA models, lol. All it does is when any door, hood, or trunk is forced open, the lights and horn are pulsed for 1 min. I also heard it disables the starter, but I do not know for sure.
Oh okay. I have this ... It only works if the car is locked, key is far away, and someone actually opens the door. I noticed i had this when I was working on my doors. I had locked the car with all windows down, then went back out to the car a while later, unlocked by sticking my hand thru the window, and once I opened the door the horn blared. It's not the greatest alarm though ... Means they have to physically force open the door before any noise occurs.

#21 ·
Same here. Car was locked with window open, unlocked it by reaching inside window, horn went off when unlocked.

#22 ·
There was a time when then immobiliser was an option or was coming with some electrical group.
All Versa's have the immo, smart key or not. Now, car companies DO have to put it in all the cars or models they make.
So even the most basic car have this device.
I've been working for DEI (Viper) in the past in R&D and we were working on all kinds of DATA interfaces for car starter and alarm installations.

#24 ·
There was a time when then immobiliser was an option or was coming with some electrical group.
All Versa's have the immo, smart key or not. Now, car companies DO have to put it in all the cars or models they make.
So even the most basic car have this device.
I've been working for DEI (Viper) in the past in R&D and we were working on all kinds of DATA interfaces for remote car starter and alarm installations.
I know im late with this but i heard of such thing immobiliser was used during old nissans and even i was not fond of it though, i must agree that was the best solution during that time.

#25 ·
I know this is an old thread to dig up here but I want to make a note for others who might stumbled across this searching like I did, I have a 2016 Base S sedan in the USA and it does not appear to have any immobilizer. The dealer gave me two keys with purchase, one of them is a completely flat steel key, no plastic and therefore no possibility that the key contains any sort of microchip or transponder. The flat steel key starts and drives the car just fine without issue. Based on this experiment it seems the 2016 base sedan does not have an immobilizer. I'll probably be able to confirm with certainty in about a week, as I plan to install a remote starter this coming weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.