Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be really nice is to have a USB connection on the stock stereo. I know quite a few aftermarket stereos have them.

I'd like to eventually hook up an external harddrive to my car stereo and play music off of there, sort of like a juke box. Has anybody found a adapter like AUX-USB adapter that converts aux to usb?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Being a tech it would require a whole piece of hardware that would probably be bulky as USB is straight data transfer and the aux is just an audio in jack. Someone would need something to convert the raw mp3/ogg/wav/whatever to an analog audio signal for the radio to understand whats going on. Plus usb devices require power from a usb port which an aux doesn't supply.

I may be wrong and something might exist but it would most likely be bulky and a cable for of mess much like many fm tuners.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 60gb ipod, but I'd prefer to use an external hard drive because of more storage. There are 1-4 tb hard drives out there and it would be nice to bring that along a road trip because of the massive storage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont know if you can find it anymore, but I picked up a bluetooth thing that went into my power socket to broadcast over radio, and it had both a SD card slot and a USB port that could be used for what you are talking about. I'll try and see if I cant find it or something like it. I paid $10 in the "sell cheap" section of walmart automotive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.