Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Ive had my Versa since June and I have driven it in near 100 degree heat with the AC on and today in 17 degree cold. My mpg was over 40. I had a car that cost twice as much that was a hybrid and manu use of ac or heat killed mpg. In winter I was lucky to break 36mpg and in summer the ac hit my mpg by 7.

So far, so good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am extremely happy with the mpg of my 16 Versa sedan 5 speed. I also own a 1990 GMC Sierra 5.7l with auto. I am used to having to stop at every other gas station so having the Versa is awesome. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, filling up twice a month is great. I think the hybrid was taking a fill up every 7 business days and ultimately used more tne it reported.

My second car is a honda odyssey. It ranges from 17-21 mpg. >:D

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, 75 each way? Thats how far i use to live from VA Beach. When gas was 5 bucks a gallon I could do it on 12 bucks worth of gas round trip. :grin

I use to commute 83 miles twice a day. I did it at 11 am and at 11 pm. Thats where the hybrid shined when you set the cruse for 55 mph for mpg.

I havent been able to find the sweet spot yet for speed or gearing with the versa. My last stick shift was an 06 scion xa. Its happy spot was 4th gear at 40 mph.

When its time for tires Im going up for taller tires as it does seem geared low even at highway speeds.

I drive about 45 miles a day currently, so about a gallon a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing