Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a chance and did a little research. And compared the 2nd gen to the versa note, and found the springs are exactly the same. So i got the b&g springs for the note.
It dropped 30mm so far fron and rear, waiting for them to fully break in.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the link from your other post. I checked nissanpartsusa and show the same springs too.

Not sure what the fits year range issue is. Mine has a 10/13 manu date. Was the spring change due to the breaking spring recall?

Anyway, I ordered the B&G's off ebay just now. Will post pics when done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My box from B&G came in tonight. Hoping to install on Saturday, weather permitting.

One question but I think I see it in your photos. The front coils go in with the tighter/closer coils towards the bottom?

Any tips, tricks or caveats would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My box from B&G came in tonight. Hoping to install on Saturday, weather permitting.

One question but I think I see it in your photos. The front coils go in with the tighter/closer coils towards the bottom?

Any tips, tricks or caveats would be greatly appreciated.
The rear is very simply all you have to do is unbolt the shocks at the bottom, and lower the axle, and the front you can use a spring compressor or try to put your weight on it and have some one else unbolt it with a impace, but the new ones you dont need to compress the spring to put it on. I did it in about a hour, but i had a lift and a spring compressor

·
Registered
44 Posts
You were right, the kit fits dead on. The only issue I had was that I didn't have a real good wrench to get on the top strut retaining nut. Coming from Ford's and Chevy's, my box is a bit weak on the larger metric stuff. Time to buy more tools.

Whole job took me about 2.5 hrs. I don't have access to a lift so it was jack and jackstands on a slanted driveway. The time includes the 15 min of crying time when the end of my ratchet just barely tapped the edge of the fender and put a small chip in the paint. These things have some real thin paint on them. I have some touch-up in transit from Amazon.

Here's a link to the photos, this kicks off a new project. http://tinyurl.com/hb5xh7s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
D3R3K
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing