Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Versa base manual transmission

Car was running and there was a ECT cel code. On a visible inspection the wires looked crewed thru, the power was completely separated and the ground was almost. I cut the wires, cleaned them up and butt connected them. While I was doing this I changed the oil and coolant fluid, and also the oil temp sensor just in case the cel code could be either sensor. Now no start but it cranks.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Car running, worked on, now won't run. Look at the work done there. I would be 100% sure the oil temp sensor is such, most cars don't have them, it could be the crank sensor instead and you messed it up. Base model should not have oil temp sensor. Check for spark, that will tell you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car running, worked on, now won't run. Look at the work done there. I would be 100% sure the oil temp sensor is such, most cars don't have them, it could be the crank sensor instead and you messed it up. Base model should not have oil temp sensor. Check for spark, that will tell you.
I'm definitely sure it's an oil sensor, same part number on both parts and it's in the middle of the block over the oil filter and, oil came out. Might not be a base model but it doesn't have power nothing and a 5 speed, sister in laws car. I'll check for spark.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm wrong, there IS an oil temp sensor there, right next to the oil pressure one.

Crank sensor is on backside of engine next to firewall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts