Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2019 Nissan Versa S Sedan with approx 15,000 miles on it. I've had all of the reccomended maintences done by Nissan including the most recent one at 15K.

I've drove the car about 600 miles since the 15K oil change. I checked the oil today, and the oil does have a very slight milky look to it. The receipt they gave me does say they used an oil conditioner. Could this be what I'm seeing on the stick?

The only reason a head gasket would even be the issue is because I had Nissan install an aftermarket cruise control... and they did not connect the wire to clutch, and I was not aware of this until much later (since i use the brake cancel 99% of the time). One day I did happen to set my foot on the clutch, and the engine went to 7K rpms for like 3 seconds before I thought to turn cruise off. (*p.s. this happened around 12k miles)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubtful, but if you're really concerned, have a UOA done to look at the condition of your oil. It should pick up trace amounts of antifreeze or issues common with a blown head gasket.
Okay. Thanks for the advice! I'll probably drive it a bit more, and if the issue seems to get worse; then I'll have it checked out. I'll keep an eye on the oil for now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Okay. Thanks for the advice! I'll probably drive it a bit more, and if the issue seems to get worse; then I'll have it checked out. I'll keep an eye on the oil for now.
I wouldn't wait- pulling a small UOA sample is easy and getting the results BEFORE any serious engine damage is done might be critical. Cost is around $30 but turnaround at a place like Blackstone takes a few weeks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Running the engine that hard, once, with no load on it, shouldn't hurt it.

I hate my Versa. It's the biggest POS I've ever owned. I'm embarrassed by it. But dispite it's lack of any sort of refinement, power, comfort...it's a pretty tough engine.

·
Registered
307 Posts

I hate my Versa. It's the biggest POS I've ever owned. I'm embarrassed by it. But dispite it's lack of any sort of refinement, power, comfort...it's a pretty tough engine.
Surprised you feel that way. I own a first gen Versa HB and think it's a decent car. No, it's not as fast as my 350Z, or as refined as my wife's G37xS, but it sips gas, gets through just about any sort of Colorado weather and is comfortable to boot. After testing the second and third gen Versas, they seem to be pretty decent and cheap small cars. What makes your Versa such an embarrassment?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Well personally, my car serves me well. I bought a 17 manual brand new for less than 10k. The only miles put on it were the ones I put on test driving. I now have 130k miles on it. I deliver pizza and the money saves me is astronomical, especially since the cost of everything is going through the roof especially fuel. I get 35 mpg combined calculated by hand. Most of it is city driving. Plus the versa is deceptively large (for a sub compact) it also helps that i am short. I am able to put 60 large pizzas in heat bags in my backseat alone, easily. (Because I am short I can scoot up seats and use the floor boards.)I could add another 25 in the backseat, but I don't like blocking my eyesight. Additionally, I can put another 45 in the trunk and 15 in the front.

I also use my car to pack all my camping gear and my full size dog, and a full sized cooler. I don't glamp but I certainly don't camp bare minimums. I even bring my fold up stand up scooter.

I do get my oil changed at 5k and tires rotated at least every 10 k. The only work that has been done is usual wear and tear. New front brakes. Spark plugs, etc. I did get the shocks replaced because they were starting to feel not right to me. The mechanic asked if I was selling the car anytime and if so he wouldn't even bother with them because the wear was minimal. But on my 53 year old body the in the the car at minimum of 100 miles 5 times a week I wanted them to be perfect.

My biggest complaint about the car is that it doesn't have cruise control, there is not a engine temp gage, and the wipers don't have variable control. (Only 3 speeds). I do wish the driver seat was a bit more comfy. And I really would like better speakers.

I plan on keeping this car until it completely craps out. . Hopefully because I keep it maintained, it might be a while. I may buy a new car before hand, but only to be sure I have one when I need it.

Based on MY current research =Google searches on more reputable sites (motor trends, etc) I am looking at getting a higher package versa. Probaly and automatic becaue the manual is getting hard on my body. but only time will tell on that. Ultimately, it will be another budget sub compact sedan that gets great gas milage and has been declared reliable by consumer reports or similar.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well personally, my car serves me well. I bought a 17 manual brand new for less than 10k. The only miles put on it were the ones I put on test driving. I now have 130k miles on it. I deliver pizza and the money saves me is astronomical, especially since the cost of everything is going through the roof especially fuel. I get 35 mpg combined calculated by hand. Most of it is city driving. Plus the versa is deceptively large (for a sub compact) it also helps that i am short. I am able to put 60 large pizzas in heat bags in my backseat alone, easily. (Because I am short I can scoot up seats and use the floor boards.)I could add another 25 in the backseat, but I don't like blocking my eyesight. Additionally, I can put another 45 in the trunk and 15 in the front.

I also use my car to pack all my camping gear and my full size dog, and a full sized cooler. I don't glamp but I certainly don't camp bare minimums. I even bring my fold up stand up scooter.

I do get my oil changed at 5k and tires rotated at least every 10 k. The only work that has been done is usual wear and tear. New front brakes. Spark plugs, etc. I did get the shocks replaced because they were starting to feel not right to me. The mechanic asked if I was selling the car anytime and if so he wouldn't even bother with them because the wear was minimal. But on my 53 year old body the in the the car at minimum of 100 miles 5 times a week I wanted them to be perfect.

My biggest complaint about the car is that it doesn't have cruise control, there is not a engine temp gage, and the wipers don't have variable control. (Only 3 speeds). I do wish the driver seat was a bit more comfy. And I really would like better speakers.

I plan on keeping this car until it completely craps out. . Hopefully because I keep it maintained, it might be a while. I may buy a new car before hand, but only to be sure I have one when I need it.

Based on MY current research =Google searches on more reputable sites (motor trends, etc) I am looking at getting a higher package versa. Probaly and automatic becaue the manual is getting hard on my body. but only time will tell on that. Ultimately, it will be another budget sub compact sedan that gets great gas milage and has been declared reliable by consumer reports or similar.
Neat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts