Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Where is the wear? There is nothing back there to adjust so only things it might be is bent rear beam or maybe bad wheel bearing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When I took my Versa in for alignment after lowering, the tech pointed out that the toe-in for the RR was borderline out of spec.
I used shim stock under the front two bolts that hold the hub to the axle calculating the thickness using string along a set of wheels without tires.
Later, after I installed my NISMO suspension and needed another alignment, I had calculated perfectly and now toe-in on both rear wheels is .1 degrees.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I took my Versa in for alignment after lowering, the tech pointed out that the toe-in for the RR was borderline out of spec.
I used shim stock under the front two bolts that hold the hub to the axle calculating the thickness using string along a set of wheels without tires.
Later, after I installed my NISMO suspension and needed another alignment, I had calculated perfectly and now toe-in on both rear wheels is .1 degrees.
Agree here.. get the shims. They are cheap and not to hard to install.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rear axle sounds out of spec. If you have warranty nissan will pay for it
This may be true, but I weighed the difference between explaining the problem to the service department, how I arrived at the conclusion, why I was messing with it to begin with (lowering), what they could possibly do about it (Shim! Blasphemy!!), etc, etc...and just rolling up my sleeves and putting it right.
I'm a machinist, so I have plenty of various types and thicknesses of shim stock at my disposal, plus I don't need to drive this car every day, so for me it was a no-brainer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.