Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have the original battery in my 2007 Versa, and now once in a while it has a bit of trouble turning over. Is it a sign to get the battery replaced since it might not be getting the amps needed any more?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi yes I think it is. I have two 2008's and both batteries needed replacing within two months of each other.

On the 08 S, it started to take longer to crank before starting till finally left me in need of a boost (about 3 weeks passed), where I then went to my local Nissan dealership and got a Nissan battery. Replaced it myself and its been fine since.

On the 08 SL, had an oil/filter change done and the Nissan dealership also does a multi point inspection, including battery charge test. The battery in this car failed the charge test so I did the same thing as the other car. Dealer service mechanic told me typical life is 3 to 4 years on the stock battery so if you are getting more than that, that is great.

Based on your comments and my past experience, I would recommend a new battery if it is taking longer to start than normal and/or it fails a charge/load test.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had to replace battery on my 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback. Bought the vehicle 10/25/2011 and had 1 bad cell. Hit nice bump and since then battery failed to start car. Checked cells with hydrometer and found bad cell. Put 650 CCA instead of 450 CCA and hope doesn't have issue with charging. We will see

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Just had to replace battery on my 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback. Bought the vehicle 10/25/2011 and had 1 bad cell. Hit nice bump and since then battery failed to start car. Checked cells with hydrometer and found bad cell. Put 650 CCA instead of 450 CCA and hope doesn't have issue with charging. We will see
i've thrown used batteries with higher ccas into cars before, never had an issue
still original battery in versa today 216000km
replaced battery in 01 sentra at 290000km

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Nissan did the battery test on my 08 V during my last oil change and it showed that it was still great. The guy said it should last a lot longer. However, last weekend took her to the drive in, and started her up after the first hour into movie #1, and by the end of movie #1, she was dead. lol ... had to get a boost! I will definitely be buying a new one before winter arrives!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.