Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the measurments of the biggest battery you can squeeze in the 2013 sedan base model?

Im planning to add a 2nd battery, since my audio system is too big for the stock battery, and would also upgrade the battery under the hood

And yes im doing the big 3 upgrade as well

Tia tier

·
Registered
690 Posts
Should you not be looking into alternator output before battery? I'm sure there are higher output alternators from some other car that will fit in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really worried about an alt. i got that area under control. my roommate welds, and owns an audio shop.:grin

ill get the measurements on wednesday when i build a new subbox...thanks tho

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah i don't know much about audio.. nor have i cared much for big sound systems. But to each their own.

So what are you doing for charging system output? Pretty sure if you take care of the output, you don't need to worry about more battery power, unless it's because you're sitting without the engine on and cranking beats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just like a clean sounding stereo...my sub woofer isnt even in the car yet, and my lights already dim...yeah i got some sick midbass, and its not my fault my stereo ends up louder than necessary >:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my stereo will pull 700 amps of current at full tilt. the extra batteries are there for the sudden drainage when the bass hits...if your volts goes under 12v than you start to shorten the lifespan on the electrical stuff and amps in your vehicle...

plus im thinking about adding some train horns, the factory horn doesnt do anything, besides make other drivers laugh

·
Registered
690 Posts
Have fun! (Y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.