Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 4 CYL, hatchback automatic.
Not sure if it's CVT.

I was wondering what battery size it uses, everyone says different things, 51R, 96R, etc.

I've read the manual and have no idea what battery would fit/ or good for the car.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i've called Nissan and asked them about the size, gave them my VIN number.
It's a regular automatic, they said it belongs to group 47?
I'm not sure since other websites tells me other stuff and people on forums are also saying other things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So i've called Nissan and asked them about the size, gave them my VIN number.
It's a regular automatic, they said it belongs to group 47?
I'm not sure since other websites tells me other stuff and people on forums are also saying other things.
Hi Serri, it's not uncommon to have different group sizes for your car battery. Most auto parts stores will have some type of replacement guide on their website. Better yet, you should be able to enter your car info on their site and they will filter to only battery options that fit your vehicle. Even if they don't filter down the options, they should have a notification next to each battery option stating whether or not that batter is an exact fit for your car. I'm not sure if you have similar options such as Carquest, Advance Auto Parts, Napa, O'reillys, Auto Zone, near you, but even Amazon or eBay should offer the same filtering options for you.
If you've bought your battery in the last 3 years, it may still be under warranty. Regardless, you should also be able to take your old battery into one of those auto parts stores and get a $5 or $10 credit for your old battery.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Serri, it's not uncommon to have different group sizes for your car battery. Most auto parts stores will have some type of replacement guide on their website. Better yet, you should be able to enter your car info on their site and they will filter to only battery options that fit your vehicle. Even if they don't filter down the options, they should have a notification next to each battery option stating whether or not that batter is an exact fit for your car. I'm not sure if you have similar options such as Carquest, Advance Auto Parts, Napa, O'reillys, Auto Zone, near you, but even Amazon or eBay should offer the same filtering options for you.
If you've bought your battery in the last 3 years, it may still be under warranty. Regardless, you should also be able to take your old battery into one of those auto parts stores and get a $5 or $10 credit for your old battery.
Hope that helps.
Hi Clayworks!
Well, a lot of people said different things, the customer support said any 12V would do. The services at Nissan told me group 47. In the end I went to a mechanic because the car wouldn;t start, had to jump start, and they ended up putting a Magnapower 51R. The mechanic said we have a 1 year warranty. Honestly, I would've bought a new battery for $140, since they charged us $140, and the battery seems like it was used, as it seems like there was salt residue on it, or some kind of dry white stuff.
Well I wasn';t sure, it was my mom's car. I didn;t see the previous battery. We bought the car used on November 2019. It was probably a bad battery, as we don't use the car much.

But thank you for your input!
In the end we just use a 51R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts